18 goals, aged 21: Celtic should be taking a close look at Luke Jephcott

Originally published at: 18 goals, aged 21: Celtic should be taking a close look at Luke Jephcott - 67 Hail Hail

Celtic face the prospect of multiple senior exits from the club as they look to rebuild for next campaign. One area where the Celts could lose more personnel than most is the forward line. Odsonne Edouard is anticipated to leave the club due to interest from Leicester City and Arsenal [Telegraph]. Moreover, Leigh Griffiths may…

1 Like

I’ll say this again I’m new on here folks so don’t know if this has been asked already. Apologies if it’s has.
How much will we get for OE and company. I’d like to think Ajer will stay and Christie looks like he’s left already. OE was a £25m player last year but as he’s entering final season of his contract IMO £12m is the upper limit. We paid £9.5m and paid him somewhere around £3m. I’m sure you’ve heard the sell on clause is anything between 20%and 40%. DD is going to have to dig deep for the rebuild. I don’t know if he will with 3 UCL qualifying rounds to navigate to get in with the big boys.

2 Likes

I’d say £12-15m sounds about right this summer this summer Ally. We messed up this cycle of buy and re-sell quite badly!

1 Like

With regards to Ajer all depends on new regime and if he willing to sign new contract. If not celtic will not want multiple Boyata scenario’s so image 10 mill Ajer 8m Christie and God knows final settlement figure for Eddy. Throw in 4m for Klimala and another 5m for other squad players ie Ntcham plus whatever extra DD is willing to release and thats our summer budget.

2 Likes

Yeah. We seem to hold on to too many players one season too long.

1 Like

I’ve been wondering about this. Can DD just give Celtic money? Aren’t there Financial Fair Play rules involved?

Lol I meant released from club funds StrangeAtt… I imagine he could donate to transfer budget within reason. Did he not bankroll Roger’s appointment himself. Although you know what they say about people with money they usually spend other peoples money.

1 Like

Got it! Thanks for clarifying

After a little investigating It fine for an owner to put his own funds as it’s increasing the value of his club. An example given was an when an owner funds a £50m transfer out of his own pocket. It doesn’t mean he’s £50m in debt. It just means he owns a player/asset worth £50m. Even if someone wants to buy the club it means the cost of the club goes up by £50m

2 Likes

Well Ally I think we would be doing well to get extra £10m from DD but who knows lol

1 Like

Every penny counts if we want our trophy back mate HH

3 Likes

Please NO. Plymouth Argyle 25 in 67 games? I take it the other 7 goals were from last season? Looking like a Hartson type of player by that picture? We need to find a jewel somewhere scoring 18 a season or more, that no other teams have heard of. Or 67 H.H. Tells them lol.