"A lot of nonsense"; Chris Wilder rubbishes Riley McGree Celtic narrative

Originally published at: Middlesbrough boss rubbishes claim McGree snubbed Celtic for money

Middlesbrough manager Chris Wilder has rubbished reports that Riley McGree snubbed Celtic because of money. McGree is set to sign for Boro imminently, who are awaiting international clearance. Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou has admitted that the Bhoys had conversations about signing the player, but he’s chosen to stay in the English Championship. Photo by Francois…

1 Like

As Ange says…if any player has doubt or hesitation to play for Celtic, then he’s not the player for us and will never try to sell it on heritage, status or any other reason.

If the guy doesn’t want to come, then both parties simply move on. It’s not a big issue with us or the player…only some column inches in some Scottish rag trying to make it something it’s not, but we’re all well & truly used to that for many years

HAIL HAIL
KEEP THE FAITH​:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

For once I completely agree with Ange. I sincerely don’t care what happens or where a player goes, regardless of who he is! If he decides to go elsewhere the reason is 100% irrelevant!
I do suspect Wilder is missing the point however.
It may not have been the up-front money for McGree, but the promise of what is on offer if they get promoted.
Either way, so what? He chose a pub team over one of the biggest clubs in the world. He isn’t confident enough that he could make that leap.
He’s best to stay away.

1 Like

Aye right Chris, you can fool some of the people some of the time blah bla blah …

1 Like