Born from Famine & Oppression

Not all of our support are Irish or part of the wider Diaspora, not all of our support are militant or political, not all of.our support find solidarity with the fight for Irish freedom or Basque or Catalan independence. Elements of our support will look on the massacre of Palestinians with indifference, ALL of this is fine. But when the club act and deny acts of solidarity with an oppressed people my heart sobs. I don’t need to give you.all a history lesson on the foundation of our club, Born of Famine and Oppression in the face of a sectarian Scotland we grew strong and our charitable endeavours always placed us on the right side of history. It is common knowledge there are elements of the occupation of Palestine which are similar to the pogrom in Ireland( the North in more modern times. Our club stood up for our history when the SFA threatened the flying of the irish Tricolor, we were horrified when at dens park the same flag was ripped from our support by a less than neutral steward, so why have the club denied the green brigade the opportunity to show solidarity with Palestine at this it’s most grievous hour? Is it the Tory influence of our board room? Or have they finally given up on, ignored, or are trying to airbrush from history our very foundation, whilst the starving Irish looked for comfort and safety from their Celtic cousins it never arrived, Celtic fc stepped up, you cannot deny that resistance is woven into our fabric, from Michael Davvitt to Develera, and we know the collections made for POWs in the terraces of the old Celtic park. The board must learn that solidarity and resistance won’t be stopped merely by my further alienating the support, it only strengthens said resistance. The Palestianian flag will be flown by support next season and every season in The face of apathy and oppression from the board. The support know The history, the board must never ignore it. Viva Palestine :ireland::palestinian_territories:

2 Likes