Celtic supporters hit back at Middlesbrough as one-trophy club send brazen McGree tweet

Originally published at: Celtic supporters hit back at Middlesbrough as one-trophy club send brazen McGree tweet

Celtic supporters have hit back at Middlesbrough with some home truths after the English Championship side sent a cheeky tweet about Riley McGree tonight. The club have officially announced the attacking midfielder as their latest January signing, after confirmed interest from Celtic in the player. Their social media admin has gotten themselves a little bit…

1 Like

And that is what we get for bumming up a player before he actually puts pen to paper, but hey ho we never learn.

1 Like

I live in Australia and have seen quite a bit of Riley McGree. He is a mediocre player that I would have doubts about even if we signed him for nothing as a development project. We’ve dodged a bullet with this one given the money that was being mentioned.

2 Likes

The thing people fail to consider is Riley needs game time at this point in his career. Yes we (particularly as an Aussie) would have love to see him don the green hoops and progress under the tutelage of Ange but realistically how much game time would he get with so much competition in midfield. He has an opportunity to stamp a starting 11 spot in a competitive league and follow the Aaron Mooy path to the EPL. My heart says Celtic for the lad, but brain says Borough.

1 Like

Mediocre?? Showing the (shallow) depth of your knowledge there homeboy

1 Like

You are of course right, I should have said awful.

I’ve been an ALeague member since the inception and so I am well aware of McGree’s limitations. He is, and never will be, quite good enough.

2 Likes

Boro supporter with Celtic a very close second. This was just a daft laugh and nothing more, There’s a lot of good history between us: Fernie, Murdoch, Whyte, McDonald and Mowbray going the other way. Celtic is Celtic and we know who & where we are.

1 Like