Celtic team vs Hibernian confirmed: 6 changes, big opportunities, TV details, instant reaction

Originally published at: Celtic team vs Hibernian confirmed: 6 changes, big opportunities, TV details, instant reaction

Ange Postecoglou has named his Celtic team for today’s Scottish Premiership encounter against Hibernian at Easter Road. The full match squad is as follows: Starting XI – Bain, Ralston, Starfelt, Kobayashi, Bernabei, Iwata, McGregor, Hatate, Abada, Haksabanovic, Oh. Substitutes – Hart, Taylor, Kyogo, Turnbull, Jota, O’Riley, Maeda, Forrest, Welsh. Photo by PressFocus/MB Media/Getty Images The Hoops are…

Absolute shambles tonight! Postecoglu has taken liberties over last 3 games! Time for a reality check on the depth of this squad and his managenent decisions! A blind man could see that Maeda was heading for a 2nd yellow, yet this stubborn manager didn’t!! C’mon!!

1 Like

I totally agree! Whilst I understand that these matches mean nothing as the league is already won, I would have expected far stronger performances from Bernabai, Kobayashi, Ralston, Haksabanovic, Abada and Iwata, particularly as they surely would want to impress the manager for a place in the Cup final team? Far from it! Bernabai can’t pass the ball to another Celtic player to save his life and is a suicidal defender. The others weren’t much better. A very worrying sign that half the Celtic squad are third rate signings and worthy of being shown the exit in the summer. Have we been kidding ourselves that Ange has made decent signings when reality says the opposite?

On Bernabi like the signing of Barkas id like to know who recommended them to the club.
who went out and said we need a tiny left back who has no defensive qualities and plays like a novice. 22 is not young. this was a bad signing full stop.
For all the Joe Hart knockers this was a reminder of what it was like during Lenny’s last season Bain plays like an outside player who has had to go in goals and these blunders are nor rare.
Hasksa and Abada have not been up for the fight to win regular places which might mean like Eduarde n Christie they will be off soon,
It can be very patronising when hearing lucky its only Inverness in the final because we have players like Ralston and Kobayashi Bain and Bernabi who would struggle to keep a place in their team.
Sat at match and said get Maeda off, cause hes gonna walk soon …so i agree with above comments.totally. Ange has done well with the current squad but its time to invest and recruit while we are still ahead.

1 Like