Celtic v Aberdeen - Match Thread 27/02

Kennedy’s first game! The unknown! New team? New tactics?

This is the place to chat it all through.

C’mon the Hoops.

Delighted to see ‘Polish Paddy’ in the team.

Hopefully he can stretch the Aberdeen defence and lead to more exciting attacking output.

3 Likes

Funny that Klimala immediately gets thrown in. His last start for us was the October derby vs Rangers. Perhaps something Kennedy has seen at Lennoxtown over the last week. You’ll get bags of energy from him, but it’s great to see him start as part of a strike-pairing. Off the top of my head I’m sure this is the first match he’s started up top with Eddy so hopefully a strong start to the Kennedy era with an impressive performance from Paddy.

Bit disappointed not to see Soro start this week. Hopefully Kennedy doesn’t show blind loyalty to Brown. I know there are some concerns over Soro potentially being dragged out of position too easily, but for me he’s shown more than enough to show he has the talent to be in this team regularly. Also needs to be given the time to learn. Other than that, no real complaints. Looking forward to seeing what this team gives today.

1 Like

He started the 3-2 win over Lille, showed a great attitude and desire that night.

Interested to see how Klimala does, was really impressed with that goal he scored up at St Johnstone, showed him at his best with strength and determination

Aw aye so he did. Forgot about that one. Did he play a direct part in any of the goals that night? I remember he was getting some plaudits after the game. Anyway, seems to be an unwritten rule that out-of-favour strikers when given a chance need to get themselves on the scoresheet to keep their place. We’ll see if Klimala can do that today. Expecting him to get a fair few sniffs, especially with Aberdeen likely giving this a go today too,

Pass To Paradise being a nightmare again…

Sensational cross by Kenny. Looks like Klimala should’ve buried it.

My stream has completely let me down today. How are we looking so far?

Pretty dominant mate. Deflected goal after Aberdeen troubled us early on with a couple of crosses into the box. Since the early goal though we’ve been all over them. Should really be 2 or 3-0.

1 Like

That’s what I like to hear. Thanks for the update!

Another good chance for Klimala. Needs to be doing better with these.

1 Like

Some of these attacks are so much more incisive and inventive than what we’ve seen of late. Makes a huge difference to see Laxalt trying to break the defensive line rather than cross early.

1 Like

He really needs to finish something. His work rate is fantastic.

Yeah and the positions he takes up are great, but needs to find a finish from somewhere.

1 Like

Should’ve been 2-0 there. Never a foul on Hoban by Klimala. Poor decision by Collum.

1 Like

This is the first match all season where I’ve got absolutely nothing for a stream. This is very frustrating. I’m glad they’re playing well though!
Can anyone see any prospective changes coming for the second half?

Good chance for Edouard. No idea how this is still 1-0.

1 Like

Does this have shades of the 3-3 where we just give it away at the end?