Dundee Utd player discloses what Clancy told teammate about Celtic penalty decision

Originally published at: Dundee Utd player discloses what Clancy told teammate about Celtic penalty decision

Dundee Utd star Peter Pawlett has stated that referee Kevin Clancy admitted he got the penalty decision wrong at Celtic Park yesterday. The Hoops appeared to get away with one when Cameron Carter-Vickers barged over Nicky Clark in the box. Clancy waved it away, whilst Utd were also fortunate not to pick up a red…

1 Like

Despite all the rash defending and negative comments about Rogic and Turnbull who both hit the bar and looked at least a goal threat if that enigma Anjeti had scored with the two sitters he missed for 2yrd with his feet and 7 yrds with his head then we would have won again comfortably at home.
i felt we might struggle to score then when we do we give away a very poor goal but how would utd have reacted if we had just went up the park and made it 2-1 like we should have with his first miss i reckon he never touched the ball again until he missed his next chance.
no wonder Rogic and Turnbull were trying to attack and get us a goal along with Jota who was having a good game.

1 Like

You’re right. Ajeti just doesn’t have it. There were so many crosses where he failed to get in front of the defender due to his laziness. So, apart from the 2 sitters you mentioned, we should have had more goals. Thursday night is now all about keeping the score respectful. I’m afraid Leverkusen will score 3 or 4… and we’ll be relying on our midfielders/wingers for any goals. I hope I’m wrong, but it looks ominous.

1 Like

CCV definitely barged the Utd player over but in the build up a Utd player barged starfelt over. That’s how he lost possession.

1 Like

So Utd reckon we should’ve been down to ten, but keep quiet about they could’ve been down to nine. What’s your point caller???

Defenders make mistakes all the time, as do players all over the park. It just when defenders make mistakes, they can be costly. When a striker makes far more mistakes, he’s forgiven all his sins and everyone has sudden amnesia when he scores his next goal.

There’s a certain keeper on the other side of the water that has now mowed down 2 players in as many weeks (1 inside & 1 outside the box), yet is still allowed to ply as no referee would dare to show him the straight red that both deserved. Maybe he would’ve seen red if McGregor wasn’t on strike over delayed salary🤫

HAIL HAIL
KEEP THE FAITH​:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like