Favourite Games Past and Present…

A wee place to put up your favourite games ( might not necessarily need to be Celtic involvement).

I’ll kick it off with a game that launched the unbelievable comeback to win the League Title on the final day at Love Street.
The 10 men of Celtic drew a genuine blood and snotters game at Ibrox in typical 80’s conditions to get the Celtic juggernaut rolling in on Hearts.
We got 8 straight wins following this game.
This was the catalyst for that memorable day in Love Street…

1 Like

To follow that game up of course that day in Love Street 86.
The 3rd Goal still one of my favourite team goals to this very day
:green_heart:

God Bless Albert Kidd
:broken_heart::broken_heart:

My two favourite games from the past is the European Cup semifinal in 1970 against Leeds Utd, Celtic needn’t have bothered turning up, if you listened to the English press.

If my memory is correct George Connelly scored at Elland Rd in less than a minute 1 nil to us and then the return at Hampden with a massive crowd, finished 3 - 2 in our favour, after Billy Bremner had pulled it level.

1 Like

Hi Kelli ,
Yep that’s a wee bit before my time in regards memories as I wasn’t old enough to comprehend the game at that time.
However here you are :four_leaf_clover::green_heart::four_leaf_clover:

At the wind up we ran oot convincing winners - Bobby Murdoch
:four_leaf_clover::latin_cross::green_heart::latin_cross::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

That took me back, I would be 13 and watched it on a black and white telly, what always stands out in my memory is George Connelly scoring in a minute, that shut them up. Of course the final didn’t work out very well, but then we have been in 2 finals.

I woke up that morning with a feeling that something special was about to unfold at Paradise, I wasn’t wrong . :green_heart::trophy::ireland::shamrock:

1 Like

Still gives me chills when I watch it back, “Celtic certainly playing like champions” :shamrock::trophy::ireland:

1 Like

I have that shirt too

1 Like
1 Like

Great game, I am not a lover of Liverpool at all.

Big John’s goal was amazing :four_leaf_clover:

A parting gift from Neil Lennon to send them on their way.

Revelation 5088

And I saw when Hector opened one of the side letters,
and I heard,
as it were the noise of thunder,
one of the four Stands singing,
Come and see.
And I saw,
and behold a white horse:
and he that sat on him had a pink bowler;
and a sash was given unto him:
and he went forth into Administration , and to Liquidation