Feedback on Eddie Howe saga from a 67HH perspective

Hi everyone

As you know Eddie Howe is not coming to Celtic.

This is a big shock to us as it is perhaps to you.

You will also be aware that we have devoted a lot of time and coverage to Eddie Howe on the website and YouTube channel. We have been firmly on the Howe train.

As promised, I said if Howe to Celtic didn’t happen I would re-assess the way we cover Celtic and make changes to everyone’s benefit.

This is your chance to give us feedback on what we can do better or differently going forward. What type of content you do and don’t want to see and all that. Did we go too strong on Howe? Do we talk too much about rumours?

Let us know if you have any thoughts…

4 Likes

Let me start by saying I love your blog? I do believe you went too strong on Howe being a shoe in done deal! Its easy to suppprt because from a personal position I live in England and my brother in Glasgow says a bloke he knows etc says its a done deal. I NEVER wanted howe so my opinion or viewes clashed with yours or my brothers who are much closer to it living in Glasgow. Idea why not end each post with sonething like do you agree? Or a poll if your technology people can do that keep going because for me its a voice a lifeline remember being in Glasgow clouds what you consider balanced. The guy Simon Jordan ex palace owner gives some brilliant insight as to what people outside of Glasgow think. We condider ourselves a global club we should consider global views hh

3 Likes

Great Mick thanks - I do think we could do with having more audience opinions on the site and the channel - I think overall that would keep things more balanced than having all of us pulling in the same direction.

We were well aware not everyone was sold on Howe, or the fact he was coming, but we did genuinely believe both in him and that it was happening!

Will look into all of the above.

4 Likes

Don’t be so hard on yourself mate. Every media outlet got this spectacularly wrong. It just highlights how breathtakingly shambolic the Howe pursuit has been.

5 Likes

You guys don’t need to change anything imho.
It was massive news & the main story for the club since Lennon left, there was no way you could’ve not given it huge coverage.
It’s not your fault the way this played out, that our board are incompetent & ineffectual or that Eddie Howe is a festering bell end.

3 Likes

I don’t think there is much you really could do differently, to be fair. Where there’s smoke, there’s usually fire and there was a hell of a lot of smoke. Hindsight is always 20/20, but at the time, you all were moving forward with a story that was also moving forward and you did a great job doing so.
In regard to Mick’s comment, if you do end up looking for perspectives on the club from outside of Glasgow, I know a certain Canadian writer that I could recommend! :wink:

5 Likes

I bought the whole Howe gig as well. The deal I believe was done ages ago and he was waiting till his time with Bournemouth was truly up.

I thought it’d be a shoe in and he’d be proud to take the reigns of our great club, obviously not.

Lawwell still sniffing around rather than packing his bags for the Bahamas always raises the alarm bells. Hopefully when Peter does finally does go, the purse strings get loosened a bit because we need to truly back a manager.

Regarding the blog, don’t change a thing. It’s a great place for people like me (living in Perth, Western Australia) to get an idea of what many of our great fans are thinking. Keep up the good work, the Howe let down will go soon enough and we can all look forward to fans back in Paradise cheering the Bhoys on again :four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

More amateur antics from the Celtic board. They thought they could save half a million and lost out on McCann. They got rid of Celtic’s future captain Tierney when he didn’t want to go. They kept Ntcham when it was obvious he didn’t want to stay and missed out on a 10 million transfer fee. They kept Edouard when it was obvious he didn’t want to stay and missed out on a 30 million transfer fee. They had Toney at Parkhead but they didn’t sign him over less than a million, losing out on a 30 million pound player. Instead of signing Toney, they paid 5 million for Ajeti, a West Ham reject and very ordinary player. They needed a goalkeeper so they let Scottish international (Gordon) go, rejected signing the other Scottish international (David Marshall) for free, instead paying 5 million for possibly the worst goalkeeper ever to play for Celtic. They kept Lennon and the coaching staff on when it was obvious to everyone they were way out of their depth. It took Lennon half a season to see Turnbull was a class player who was not even getting into the first team squad, and Lennon still couldn’t recognise Scott Brown’s legs were gone, insisting on playing Brown every game. Now we have the debacle with Eddie Howe. How much salary does the likes of Peter Lawwell get and for what?

7 Likes

Who is making these truly shocking decisions?

John, Eddie Howe was a media supporter,s want not the clubs. It was all over the Internet and just grew stronger & Stronger. What a letdown from him, and good luck to Ange. Mick does come up with a great Idea, 67HH. does come up with the opinion, then some put in and some ignore. Please not thumbs up or down they are boring, please come out with 67HH. Own thing. It really is a brilliant way forward. And not the heart please get rid of that, I don’t get enough :kissing_heart: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

That’s a bit too low there, we bought Bain long before this season and he’s never changed. :rofl: :rofl:

Eddie Howe was sitting filling Celtic fans.heads with nonsense whilst stalling in the hope an EPL club would come calling. They didn’t and he sits jobless, good riddance karma is a mofo I’ve very little.sympathy or time.for the man now. He is not bigger than our club and he will.never get a job as good as our club, good riddance

2 Likes