Fraser Forster Is Out of Contract This Summer

I think he would be the ideal choice as No2 to Hart.
Two quality proven Keepers who have graced the big stage.

1 Like

Can’t agree more, but would he want to play second string.
Who would you rate as the better player out of the two, my choice would be Fraser forster as number 1 with Joe hart as number 2.

1 Like

I think they would push each other to new levels again.
The thing is a younger keeper working under those two and Stevie Woods would surely only improve more rapidly.
I think both have at least 3 great years in front of them possibly longer.
One loses a bit of form or gets a niggle then the replacement would be quality.
I agree Forster edges it for me.
Especially on penalties and shot stopping.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. When FF was at Celtic, he was immense.
Don’t get me wrong JH has been great but in my opinion FF is a better keeper in his all round play, which includes as you say, shot stopping, penalties, distribution, and his organizational skills with his defenders.
JH has been caught at times holding on to the ball too long, and at times had to dribble his way out of a problem.

I agree but Forsters distribution with his feet was poor at times.
I’d say Hart edges him in that regard.
I prefer to see the keepers throw it if they can as it’s generally pin point when mastered.
To have both on call would make the position rock solid I think and perhaps could even extend both their careers as changing them would mean no weakening of the position.

1 Like

I hear you, but it would be interesting to see FF under ange’s style of play.
But then again this is all speculation because he may not want to come back to Celtic.

1 Like

Indeed but if Stevie Woods is aware then you can’t rule it out.

Here’s hoping. :four_leaf_clover:

He will not becoming back to Celtic for numerous reasons including big wages down south, a new contract down south and he probably doesn’t fit as regards Angeball at the back.

You could be right, but perhaps the thought of playing in the Champions League might lure him back?

I cannot imagine him returning while we have Joe Hart who knows and plays Angeball at the back. Big Fraser is not that type of goalie. He is a stopper. A wall. Can’t imagine him juggling passes with his back line can you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know about that, when Joe Hart came in he had to learn how to play Ange’s style of football, who’s to say Fraser Forster can’t do the same.
We need another keeper in, as Barkas and Bain don’t appear to be up to the task in Ange’s eyes.
Well, that’s how I see it.

I don’t see Joe Hart sitting on the bench for Champions League matches. That’s why he joined our club! I see someone like the Dundee United keeper, Siegrist, replacing Barkas and benefitting from Joe Hart’s experience in terms of development.

1 Like

You’re right about Joe Hart not wanting to play second fiddle.
Siegrist might well be the answer.

2 Likes

According to reports today, FF is going to become second fiddle keeper at Spurs behind Hugo Lloris!

Yes, I saw that report, he obviously wants to continue plying his trade in the EPL.
Who can blame him if he’s happy there.