HAMISH - Wise Up!

Hamish ,
I was annoyed by your report and comments on the Falkirk Cup tie yesterday, especially your persistent adulation for Brendan Rodgers. Personally , I was delighted to see the back of Rodgers .

1. It was he who really laid the foundation for the demise of Lee Griffiths. Rodgers indulged himself in an ego trip by consistently playing his French imports at the expense of other Celtic players, principally Griffiths. Rodgers wanted his new boys to succeed in order to make himself look good. Lee would never have fallen by the wayside if he had been playing football instead of watching it.
  2. Rodger’s heart was truly never in the welfare of Celtic. He wanted to build up a bit of managerial credibility and then take off at the first sign of cash being offered to him from down south ( which of course he did ).
  3. Rodger’s tactical policy of playing cross-field , short passing pedestrian football puts most Celtic fans to sleep. We need to eradicate this policy and play more attacking direct football if we are to provide any excitement for our fans in the coming season. Rodgers guided our team to the league title during a period when we had no opposition. Our ginger Tomcat could have got the same job done.
  4. I did not like John McGinley’s dismissive comments on Griff either. There is no more dedicated Celtic player in the current pool than Lee Griffiths. Just look at Lee’s devastated reaction when he missed his goal scoring chance yesterday. Griff cannot be match sharp if he is getting only cameo parts in each game. Eddy has scored some brilliant goals for us but he too has fallen over himself on many occasions. That’s ignored by those supporters who place Eddy on a pedestal. When you consistently play 90 minutes, you are bound to be getting more chances and should be scoring more goals.

McGinley’s comments dismissing Griff to the scrapheap were totally out of order. Under new management, I believe Lee will continue to be a great asset for Celtic. if you read Steve Mairs report of yesterdays Falkirk game in the Daily Record, you will get a much more balanced report of what happened as opposed to the drivel being spouted by McGinley !

HAIL HAIL

1 Like

Cheers for getting in touch.

I can see you thought we were overboard with our criticism - not our intention. It just seems like a natural conclusion for Griffiths to leave Celtic with a year left on his contract.

As I said on the video, doubt you will find a more ardent defender of Griffiths over the years than myself. Big fan of him and his contribution over the years.

Everyone will have a different opinion though so cheers for sharing yours, gives us more context when discussing in the future.

1 Like

Alright @Sadjacko ?

I think you’ve got some more than fair points:

1. Griff’s goals per minute ratio is quite good (I don’t have the number but I’ll find it).

2. Eddie does deserve more sharp criticism than he gets. Instinct should’ve kicked in last week against that mob when he was in the box: he should’ve shot rather than go for the penalty.

However, I think a lot of Lee “falling by the wayside” is his own doing (I am not talking about his mental health issues which he has admirably overcome).

Watching his take away cocktail Tik-Toks and returning overweight was rather infuriating.