Is this Celtic's team for 22/23 season, and the UCL?. I really hope so

I know it’s all just conjecture, but if that’s Celtic’s line -up for next season, and the UCL, that would be brilliant.
As you can see, there are two quality players in every position.

I have included the link below from sports Joe, which makes for fascinating reading.

I don’t fancy Starfelt in the Champions League sorry he’s not at that level yet.
Too many occasions in the run in he’s passed a ball directly to oncoming attackers and although we have gotten away with it at Domestic level we get punished severely should this continue.
He is also guilty of trying to wins balls he has no right getting to resulting in giving away free kicks in dangerous areas which in turn brings unnecessary pressure onto our defence.
Then there is the fact he’s struggled with tall attackers and although that has improved as the Season wore on that aspect is still there.
I think we need to find a quality left sided CB already proven in Europe.
He gives me the fear more than any other player at the back.

1 Like

OK, point taken, Starfelt has taken longer to settle down at Celtic than most players, but alongside CCV he has put in some very decent performances, and gave us the best defence in the league.
Of course the Champions League is a very different kettle of fish.
IMO, I think we need to give him a chance, some players take longer than others to settle down in a new team, a new country, a new style of play.
I trust Ange and If he thinks he’s not up to it, so be it.

1 Like

These are basic issues in his play bud and have nothing to do with settling in otherwise.
We conceded 22 Goals in 38 games in the League
3 in 4 Games in the League Cup
3 in 4 Games in the Scottish Cup
3 in 2 in Games the Champions League
4 in 4 Games in Europa League Qualifying
15 in 6 Games in the Europa League Group
5 in 2 Games in the Conference League

We are talking Champions League proper here and I’m sorry with all the best will in the world he’s not up to it yet.
He’s a liability imo.

1 Like

Time will tell, To quote the immortal Jock Stein, “The Celtic jersey does not shrink to fit inferior players.”
No one knows that better than AP, if he proves to be inferior in the UCL opening rounds, he will be quickly replaced.
You can be absolutely sure about that. :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like