Kennedy hails Leigh Griffiths for Celtic training displays

Originally published at: Kennedy hails Leigh Griffiths for Celtic training displays - 67 Hail Hail

Celtic interim manager John Kennedy has highlighted the displays of striker Leigh Griffiths in training ahead of today’s Scottish Cup trip to Ibrox. It’s likely that Scotland international Griffiths will start on the bench against Rangers this afternoon. He’s only started one of the five games played under Kennedy since he took over from Neil…

1 Like

Training revival … Is Kennedy having a laugh… What’s Griffith’s getting paid for …

TRAINING WHEN HE FEELS LIKE IT …

And before any BS! heads my way he has been under both Lennon and Kennedy’s watch for 18 plus months …

HH

1 Like

Time is rapidly running out for Griffiths in my view. He’s had more than enough chances, but with Klimala leaving then it’ll be interesting to see whether that has any affect on Griffiths’ future.

1 Like

When fit he’s had loads of chances to play Not. You keep coming out with the 850 minutes played. 9 games worth in a season 7 Goals, what part are you not understanding, oh yeah Eddy has been our number one striker never looked over so we can sell him for big bucks Celtic. Under Neil & John. What 9 games in total this season? He’s not performed since 15/16, Moussa in his way along with Eddy the odd games here & there. Celtic money-hungry greedy selfish owners. And what’s the other rubbish play a winger as a striker Moi? He’s really had a lot of chances compared to Leigh. But you only look at the 850 minutes played? (Sorry matey I was like all supporters angry and shouldn’t have come down too hard at you) I try my hardest not to swear or get angry. That team really should be training harder at goal shooting, and passing to strikers better and more often.

1 Like

well done Griff great training days but your not playing because Christie will play instead even though you are always a bigger scoring threat against them than him. Hopeless Kennedy

3 Likes

How many times do you want to Griffiths to let you down before enough is enough? He’s had more than enough chances to impress.

1 Like

Six months wasted David. With the amount of upheaval facing us this work should have begun after the rangers defeat in January. Why PL is still about club God knows because he caused the upcoming upheaval. Griffiths will join Scott Brown in summer going to new club if there is any willing to take that gamble. Because LG is a liability most of the time!!

I only listened to the missed penalty and I missed the rest, did it get any better? How many chances did Griff get in his short cameo? How many games will this go on for? When will we get rid of Eddy? And when will we get Leigh up front on his own season in season out never? Always someone else helping up front called a striker not Moi.

2 Likes

We should be a bigger team than we are at the moment, but we didn’t have enough money to buy Toney? If that’s how he’s spelt. Then we go for the cheap option of next season players free in January and get bumped by Pool? Liewell should be away nothing here for him at all? Same with that Rangers one Liewell brought in. Why did we even try to get Toney when he wouldn’t have got a game in front of Eddy?

1 Like

id say even an unfit Griff is more dangerous in an old firm games than Christie has been in the past 6 if he had all the chances as EDDY has wasted this season hed still be our top scorer bu miles.

1 Like

But Ryan needs to be our #10 not a winger at all, Lennon & Kennedy have to take the fall for that. Our new incoming young midfielders can be put on the wing if fast enough and good enough. You can’t put a number ten at Christie’s age on the wing and call him a winger? John Kennedy has to go now as well.

1 Like

Well said. Griff cannot be match fit if he’s watching football instead of playing it. A one legged Lee would be a better asset to Celtic than this lot we’ve been seeing all season. Bringing him on with 2 minutes remaining ffs is ludicrous. Who else in that squad could score 40 goals in one season?
Griffiths problems started under Rodgers who only wanted to see his French imports succeed in order to make himself look good as a Manager. That was Griff banished to the bench. There’s no more committed Celt than Lee and he’ll get his chance again under new management.

1 Like

Absolute Rubbish ! He needs to play to get match fit .

1 Like

In 29!!! appearances Griffith’s has scored 7!!! goals of which 2 were against Hamilton and 1 against Ross County … Hardly prolific…

So if he is still !!! as good as you seem think he is … why is he NOT getting more game time …

He’s had his chance …

1 Like

29 Appearances? More like on for two minutes or on for eighteen minutes whatever, Out of the 280 Minutes played. Total 9 Games, Leigh has scored 7 Goals is that prolific enough for you!

Hopefully, he needs more minutes in games than seconds. Yes my Edinburgh tinted glasses are on. But again since 73 or 75 I was dragged through to paradise by my dad and uncle to watch the greatest team in the world as I was told? And grew up to now an older guy, knowing they are the greatest team in the world @ HEART.

Your missing the point he came back overweight let CFC down and scored a 3 of his goals against the bottom sides in a crap league …
If you think that’s prolific and he still deserves his place …no wonder we are in the ■■■■ storm we are…

That was Lennon’s call not the medical guy’s. He was deemed fit enough to go but was stopped, he could’ve gotten fitter in the pre-season training.

It’s not just Leigh that’s at fault for the ten, it’s them all nearly.

I’ve NEVER said it was Griffiths fault … How can it be his fault … he has NOT played …

I’ve only said he should be moved on like 80% of the gutless wonders who have lined up for CFC since Jan 1st 2021… the month when they truly blew the league after managing a few beers in Dubai.

If Griffith’s can’t get a game in this team …

1 Like