Let’s have a bit of fun and talk transfers

Welp.
So, today hasn’t been great, has it? There’s lots to be said about that match, this season, the players… but I think we all need a bit of a distraction from it all and certainly from social media.
In the spirit of moving forward, let’s have a positive chat about one of the exciting things we have to look forward to: new signings.
Now, I’m not talking about the reported links, I’m not talking about your Liam Shaws, or even necessarily big budget signings- what I want to know is who do YOU know about that could make this side tick? Tell me about that dynamo from Dinamo you unearthed in Football Manager, that maestro from Malmö you saw in a qualifier, know about a ‘keeper that’s exactly that? Let’s have it.

Let’s have a bit of fun and positivity here!

2 Likes

I’ll kick things off by bringing up my compatriot: Liam Millar.
He’s a 21 year old, pacy left winger that can also play across the front line. He’s currently on loan at Charlton Athletic where he has 2 goals and 3 assists in 13 matches to add to the 5 goals and 1 assist he scored playing for Liverpool’s u-23s in 14 appearances between the Prem2 and EFL Trophy.
He’s spent some time in Scotland after playing with Kilmarnock across two spells, making 33 appearances and scoring 3 times.
He’s looked promising in his 8 caps for Canada and it looks like he will be a heavily involved piece of the World Cup qualifying campaign.
Would Millar be a locked-in starter at Celtic? At this point, it’s not very likely. But I think he has the ability to grow into a first-team contributor before long and it wouldn’t break the bank to bring him in. Liverpool extended his contract a few years back, but I think there may be too much high-££ competition before him in the pecking order for him to get a proper look there.

2 Likes

Alright. I need a bit of time to think (read: several whiskys).

2 Likes

I’m going to report on a CB as we’ll likely need 2 (if Ajer leaves).

1 Like

Love it. I’m excited to see what you come up with!

1 Like

I also have a few, so will come back on it - I’m sure @euan.davidson does too!

3 Likes

This guy is meant to be an absolute baller.

2 Likes

I bought that fella in Football Manager recently but couldn’t get him a work permit! It only added to the myth and mystique

2 Likes

Forbidden fruit. The biblical Anel Ahmedhodzic.

I’d like us to bring in Josh Doig and Kyle Joseph at the very least. On a less boring note, Brandon Soppy and Nathaniel Nbuku look very decent.

Giovanni Simeone, anyone…?

2 Likes

Young, talented, looks a hard man already.

2 Likes

Oh those are good shouts, I like that!

Since I already mentioned Football Manager, I bought Lovro Majer and Boško Šutalo and they have been doing the business for me for both under £10m each. Their real-life selves look like they could do a job too, with Majer having the (unfortunate?) tag of the “next Modric”.

1 Like

Oh wow, that is one TOUGH looking dude hahaha

1 Like

I would love it if Celtic for him and he became the next Vidic.

He’d be the hard compliment to Julien and, as an added bonus, he’s left footed!

1 Like

That’s all music to my ears, my friend. I’m sold!

1 Like

I just read that Atalanta are in “advanced” talks with him. Like Icarus, this dream of a Bosnian centreback of ours.

2 Likes

I’d just like to give this a little bump as your boy and mine, Lovro Majer had an assist and created 6 chances (and a FotMob match rating of 8.2) as a wide attacker as Dinamo Zagreb put the boots to Spurs! That Dinamo goalkeeper Dominik Livakovic isn’t bad either, hey?

1 Like

Me again!
I was just reading a Toronto FC publication and they mentioned that Celtic were interested in Husein Balic. Has anyone seen him in action before? From everything I’ve seen, he seems like a pretty capable lad!

1 Like

Also, from the same publication, talk about “European interest” in Tajon Buchanan , who scored two absolute beauties in Olympic qualifying for Canada last night.

Well, we all know, it’s an open secret that Fergal Harkin will be the new ‘Director of Football’. YES, we are taking a man with LITERALLY has no experience in the job that he’s being brought in to do and asking him to oversee the biggest rebuild in a decade, work that out for yourselves.

When Harkin is finally annouced, then we ALL know that Maresca will more or likely be the new manager/coach. With Maresca, we’re basically asking a man that has no experience in managing an actual first-team squad of players to help us qualify for the ‘Champions League’ and recapture the League title from Sevco, again work that out for yourselves.

What’s really happening here is that we’re reverting back to an old 90’s idea (Dalglish & Barnes) and revamping/ repackaging that concept ‘Harkin & Maresca’ as progress into a new modern era of Football.

From the shadows next year, Celtic under the guidance of a man that CANT let go and his son Mark Lawwell, Celtic will be turned into a dumping ground for Man Citys failed projects and experimental players. Below is the Man City U23 team, take your pick from that list of the number of loan signings that will be made from that. Celtic will be turned into Manchester Citys Glasgow based Academy “Where Glory Is Achieved On The Cheap”,