Liam Scales speaks after Celtic loan exit; has 2 big ambitions

Originally published at: Liam Scales wants minutes and silverware at Aberdeen after Celtic loan exit

Liam Scales has stated that he wants a season of regular minutes as well as silverware after leaving Celtic for Aberdeen in a season-long loan move. The Republic of Ireland under-21 international had his move to the Granite City confirmed this afternoon. There was no mention on Aberdeen’s official website of the move having an…

2 Likes

Let’s see how he looks in the LCH position. I wish he would’ve had some opportunities there last season.

2 Likes

But a bit of experience at Aberdeen won’t do him any harm done Christie some good for a while.HH

3 Likes

What a player Scales is I am so glad hes only on loan I will watch his performamces for Aberdeen with great interest.

3 Likes

I’m surprised Liam hasn’t made the breakthrough at Celtic, I watched a lot of Shamrock Rovers games as my pal Mickey used to send me their home games as I’ve always liked them as a club. Liam was a standout in CL qualifiers and EL games as well as League of Ireland Premier Division games. I think the move will do him good and he’s totally comfortable in centre back and left back roles and he’s scored some absolute peaches in his time at the Irish club. I certainly don’t think his Celtic career is over but some managers see things differently so Ange might not like his commitment, he’s very laid back and he’s got a languid style that might look too casual to our manager. I’m sure he’ll come back a better player if he gets a good run in the Aberdeen side and Jim Goodwin rates him highly so there’s no reason why he won’t play. It can only be good for him and Celtic in the long run and I wish him all the best at Pittodrie.

2 Likes