Neil Lennon on dressing room upset at Celtic and when things changed

Originally published at: Neil Lennon on dressing room upset at Celtic and when things changed - 67 Hail Hail

Neil Lennon has stated that “a lot had changed” amongst his Celtic players after lockdown ahead of the 2020/21 season. Football in Scotland had been halted in March 2020 with the Hoops going on to secure nine-in-a-row. Confidence was high amongst the club ahead of the pursuit of the 10, but it after the Champions…

Neil Lennon can f**k off with his vendetta against the support, the same support that stood by him during his hardest times and when his very life was threatened. Doesn’t take long for ex Celts to become soup takers. Lennon is another Charlie Nicholas, I loved him during his time at Celtic, bit he’s a walloper now

1 Like

N L is no Charlie Nic , N L has won 21 trophies at Celtic , men winning 21 trophies at Celtic or any other club are thin on the ground and don’t deserve to be told to F O . NL’s life has been threatened on numerous occasions, he faced them up like a man . Imagine the difficulty Celtic would have had , if he walked away . The man is a Celtic Hero and a winner

1 Like

He is also an apologist for lawwell and Desmond and their failure last season. To blame the support for forcing lawwell out is a slap in the face,

1 Like

Nothing more than a yes man with severe anger issues who blames anyone and everyone other than himself for his own failings. Lennon, Lawwell and Desmond are a poison to Celtic.

1 Like

Some true facts and comments from you all above but lets be clear Lennon came to Celtic from the English Top league the same place all the players he was commenting on in his article were working their tickets to get to and out of our club.
Regardless of his coaching or football decision last season Lennon would never have gone through the motion like many players did while wearing the jersey last season as a player he knew what wearing the hoops was truly about.
When Eduard Christie Ntcham and Ajer are gone will they really give a toss for the club they let down so much or fans Fav Frimpong who Lennon played constantly he was away faster than Lennon could count his medals.

1 Like

All true dixie, but still hopeful for Ryan myself. If Ange plays him in the No10 position and not as a winger.

If he is this man that faces up to adversity as you claim he is, why can’t he face up to his part in the collapse of last season rather than constantly going about the media blaming everyone else?

1 Like

Christie was a controlled skilled player under big Yogi at Inverness somehow he has become erratic and runs around like a chicken with no head and mostly in areas where he cant hurt teams. maybe its his desperation to impress clubs watching him or show fans he will work hard but it has not worked wherever he ends up he should be given a role as a left central midfielder to get back to basics. i dont think Celtic should have a number 10 to be honest we should always have 2 strikers and 3 potential number 10s in midfield …

Christie was great in his first season for us no running headless, under Lennon on the right wing he wasn’t at all great. But 3 #10’s Shows you like the Lennon formation of kick and pray, instead of pass and goal. Yes I do like the 4-4-2 it’s the way football in Scotland works. Where 4-3-3 is mince, unless no striker. It’s bloody great passing and great #10s Scoring all the goals. Messi.

Timod what i ment was all our midfield players should be able to control games score goals and support the forwards …at a club like Celtic thats not much to ask for. i have attended 2 European cup finals and 4 semis watching some great midfield players all in the same team all playing like a number 10 for the hoops … modern day number 10 are Messi … in the past it was Pele and Maradonna and Platini … i know how real Celtic players play