Report: Business as usual for Celtic and Neil Lennon; no discussions had over his future

Originally published at: Report: Business as usual for Celtic and Neil Lennon; no discussions had over his future - 67 Hail Hail

Celtic fans have been hit with a frustrating update on Neil Lennon and his long-term future thanks to an early-morning Daily Record report. The Record states that there have still been no discussions between the club’s hierarchy and Lennon regarding potentially leaving the club. They have therefore reported that the Celtic manager is still preparing…

Probably not a surprise to be honest

My first thought after reading your article was that rebuilding isnt a mammoth task. Then I thought goalkeeper, underperforming strikers, "star" players possibly leaving, a dearth of wingers, poor buys, poor PR, a defence that cant defend especially dead ball situations and a long standing reluctance to bring young players through (or an underperforming academy?). I like to think of Celtic as a CL group stage team but we are miles away. Its just a mess. The Board are responsible for long term strategy and are guilty of complacency and burying their heads in the sand. The forward thinking seems to be on the other side of the city.

4 Likes

Neil has to be let go. Tactically he is out thought all to often… This has cost us the league and Europe. We the fans need to know what is going on. It’s unbearable. If supporters were allowed to go to games it would be impossible for the board to keep Lenny. We need to be told the3 direction the club wish to go in and how they plan to do it. God bless Lenny and God bless us all.

3 Likes

could not agree more…
10 in a row , we had the opportunity, to build for 20 in a row
that mob were down and out, but lack of vision on our part has created this revival for them,
i see a hard 5 years ahead ,for us .

1 Like

Its galling to think Celtic had cash at bank net of debt of £30m+ and essentially kept it there instead of investing. Surely PL IB and DD between them have or had enough nous to invest in the future whilst maintaining financial prudence.

2 Likes