Same old Celtic

As I watched tonight’s video about the lack of update from Celtic and the surprise Hamish had over no update from the club this week. I feel like putting this out there.
Celtic had sacked John Barnes and put Kenny Daglish in charge until the end of the season. We had mid season and we signed Dr Jo. We went the full summer and out appeared the 5th or 6th choice manager in August or late July.

Even just back to the replacement of Lennon the first time round we were bringing in Roy Keane he was the man, Ronny Delia was his head coach. But no the club let us down and gave the job to Ronny but not even letting him bring in his team of back room staff. The board picked John Collins…

I am really worried that we are penny pinching. Eddie Howe wants too much wages or too much money in the transfer pot ( like Roy K).

In my opinion we are lucky in a way that Kennedy has made an arse of it cause I was in no doubt had he won the Scottish cup the job was his.

I have watched Celtic as an Adult since 1995 and I have been here before. All I’m saying is don’t expect anything any time soon. I just hope to God that when PL leaves the club the current mentality, this dragging on and stalling behaviour and ultimately losing the targets goes with him.
I’m sick of it.

2 Likes

Interesting thoughts but I’m a bit more sanguine about it. I saw this earlier today.

O’Neill announced 1st June
Strachan announced 1st June
Mowbray announced 8th June
Lennon takes job 9th June 2010 after Mowbray lost his job 25th March
Deila announced 6th June
Rodgers announced 20th May

We never announce a manager during the league campaign so I think we should all take a deep breath n let things happen no amount of moaning or rumours are gonna change how we’ve operated over the past 21 years

1 Like

So looks like we not interested in CL qualification if they are waiting til end of May early June to appoint new manager. Amazing thing is those previous managers did not have to see through such a serious major overhaul of players in their first close season. They maybe had 4/5 major transfers. this summer your looking at approx 8/10 players in. I think we need a magican to perform a miracle if they are waiting til June.

1 Like

That’s fair. I’d be shocked if we qualified for the CL. A deep EL run in necessary.

Celtic are well aware the club is primarily funded by supporters (even if they pretend it isn’t). They also know patience is running out.

I’d be very surprised if they expected season ticket renewals to go ahead without some sort of announcement.

I know we’ve been saying that on the website and YouTube channels for ages (with little movement), but I guess we’re about to find it all out soon enough.

1 Like