The media are already going after Ange Postecoglou but he's not the problem at Celtic

Originally published at: The media are already going after Ange Postecoglou but he's not the problem at Celtic - 67 Hail Hail

Multiple things can be true at the same time: One, yesterday’s draw with Dundee United wasn’t good enough for Celtic. Two, Celtic need to compete better away from home, starting on Sunday. Three, The pressure mounting on Ange Postecoglou already is ridiculous. Quite why there’s a narrative building that Postecoglou is already looking over his…

2 Likes

I think we should stop kidding ourselves about Ange!
While I 100% agree that he isn’t the whole problem, make no mistake, he is certainly one big part of it!
He is in way over his head. He is a one dimensional manager who lacks any ability to adapt to the flow of the game when things turn against us.
Our defense is the worst defense I ever remember watching, and I am approaching seventy years old!
If we didn’t have Hart in goal we would be sitting bottom of the table. Don’t like that? Neither do I! But it’s a fact.
Sure, we hit the woodwork three times yesterday. But last I remember, you don’t get points for that.
Ange plays one style and has absolutely zero clue how to change it up.
I also question his character. Which manager in their right mind would walk into a job at a huge club like ours and accept a backroom staff of failures the way he did?
Make no mistake, when Lennon quit last season, he was the least of the coaching problems! The other two or more there should have been gone long before Lennon!
I find it absolutely incomprehensible that from the position of strength we were in only three years ago that we have fallen this far.
The board are archaeic in their thinking. Success on the park at a massive club like ours brings everything else along with it.
Yet we throw money at players like Barkas, Ajeti, Bolingoli, Taylor, Starfelt etc who have no place in Paradise! At the same time the board refuse to spend an extra few quid in salary to get Forster, keep Christie, keep Brown, replace Lustig, Tierney, Eddy, etc.
We had the opportunity to be a major force in Europe but letvthat bus pass us by as we stood there at the bus stop!
We are the worst managed club in Scottish football today. Both on and off the park.
Stop kidding yourselves that Ange isn’t a part of the problem! He absolutely is,

The club had a free run for nearly 6 years with no rangers to contend with. Fans revelled in our top dog status while the board and major shareholders took multi millions in dividends from the clubs coffers. The only time we have invested real money to act like a top professional club we reaped serious rewards with regards to trophies and transfer profits. Roger’s must have seen that this celtic board were a cabal of greedy charlatans and realised he had bought into a false dawn or should I say a LIE. AP took the Celtic job on the boards terms because he had nothing to lose FAIL he can go back to the far East or an English championship club SUCCEED he gets a dig at major money in the English premiership. Either way we the fans are still left with Dumb and Dumber at the club.

If that’s the worst defence you’ve seen in 70 years, you’ve either got a terrible memory or took a 40 year sabitical. To suggest Ange is the problem is ridiculous. The guy is only in the door and has had to do the work of a manager, coach, director of football & chief scout. You could’ve had Tuchel as head coach with Pep & Klopp as his assistants and we wouldn’t be much better than where we are at the moment, such was the mess left to clean.

All the hype from the media is the smell of fear as they know what’s coming once Ange has a full squad and bolstered more so over the next few windows.

The players you mention were all in place before Ange, so how can you blame him for their being there. Did you think as soon as he signed 12 players that they were all going to come in and play like they have been playing together since they were wee laddies.

These things take time and these machine gun reactions by certain folk are naive and just help to fill column spaces in the red tops.

The window is closed now, so he can only work with what he has. He has changed the play during a game several times, but again, he’s restricted with what he has available. Ange has never used the phrase “Angeball”, and this is only another click bait term from the SMSM.

FYI,
A certain Slippy across the water has been playing the same 4-3-3 system since he arrived, but I haven’t heard the SMSM once tag him with “Stevieball”.

We’re going through a tough period for many reasons and for sure, Ange is not bulletproof, but he’s had to start from scratch and that’s not something that’s going to reap instant gains like previous managers advantageously had.

We’re on a slow starter because of the amount of work that’s to be done, but it’s coming, and there’ll be no stopping it when not does.

HAIL HAIL
KEEP THE FAITH​:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Ajeti should never pull the Hoops on again, he’s garbage, I would rather see Ange gamble and bring on kids that are desperate to wear the Hoops than that imposter, he’s stealing a wage and was found out a long time ago

1 Like

For God’s sake, give the bloke a chance. How many of the players that came in are down to him anyway ? Just look at Thursday night. He will be lucky to have eleven fit players. He will probably be forced to play Rogic and Turnbull in the same team. It’s not his fault that there are question marks about both their ability at the top level. He had to keep Rogic and Turnbull at the club, they are cover for each other. I do not think they can play together though. For sure our defense is a big worry but when Christopher Julien finally gets back it will be better. If we are going to play three in the middle then our best three i believe are McCarthy, CalMac and a new signing bought in the January window. .The wingers will have to learn to defend when the opposition are attacking. They are young and will learn. Let’s also remember that injuries have plagued us . Perhaps the intensity of training did not help. He had to get them fit though and the BOARD are to blame for leaving him with a few days to sort things out training wise. The BOARD are at fault . Make no mistake. The guy needs two years at least to sort the mess out. If we get hammered on Thursday remember it’;s the BOARD not Ange who should carry the can.The MEDIA are just trying to sell papers. Let Ange know we support him. Chant his name on Thursday even if we get hammered. God help us and SACK THE BOARD

1 Like