The reason why Ralf Rangnick rejected Chelsea as Celtic fans continue to pine for him

Originally published at: The reason why Ralf Rangnick rejected Chelsea as Celtic fans continue to pine for him - 67 Hail Hail

One of the names doing the rounds amongst Celtic supporters right now, as we consider the future of Neil Lennon, is Ralf Rangnick. The former Leipzig manager had been Head of Sport and Development at Red Bull last year, in charge of overseeing projects at New York Red Bulls and RB Bragantino. However, he left…

1 Like

Unless Lawwell is sacked (probably at great expense) or put in a car boot for three or four years this will never happen. Nor will it ever happen with any other good manager who saw how and why Brendan Rogers left the chance of overseeing 10IAR with the team he loved. I don’t blame Brendan one jot. The only thing PL doesn’t try to take over is mashing the tea. Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in cloud-cuckoo-land I think.

1 Like

Brenda should have at least seen the season out and given the club a chance to get the manager they would have wanted. I don’t think for a minute that Neil would have been back other than for his availability at a crisis point. Thanks to him for coming in but in different circumstances he would not have returned. Brenda let us down badly , even if his relationship with his boss was poor. This is often the case in organisational life. He could have and should have left at the end of the season. If he had stayed we would have won 10 plus… regardless of the circumstances he should never be forgiven…

1 Like

BR left because PL refused to sign John McGinn for what he was worth(remember Strachan and Steven Fletcher) , PL was bringing in players against BR advice and apart from Eddy and Sinclair(who was cheap for a premiership player) he was not given the transfer funds afforded to NL. On BR moonlight flit from Celtic his EGO could not take losing the league to SG as that would have adverse effect on his standing in England so it was a bit of forward thinking by the rangers as a way of getting shot of BR.early.Any top club in premiership wanting BR and he was gone.Rangnick and any proper coach will not go near us while PL is still involved at club but adding 2 and 2 why has Desmonds son joined the board? Hopefully because PL is on his way out.

1 Like