What I'm going to say might be controversial to many celtic fans

First and foremost, what AP has done this season is quite remarkable, to bring in what is effectively a new team and get them to gel so quickly is incredible and the work of a genius.
Not only that, but to get the scouting spot on in such a short space of time is remarkable, and for such a small outlay in today’s market.
Now for the controversial bit. I want to congratulate Rangers on getting to the final of the Europa cup.
It really brings Scottish teams to the forefront of world football, and makes people sit up and take notice.

As you can probably tell. I’m not one of those people who have a pathological hatred for Rangers or their fans.
To me, It’s just another team.

Some of my best friends are rangers supporters,
don’t get me wrong, but every time we play them, I want us to thrash them big time.

I know many of you will disagree with me, but hey that’s your prerogative.
We live In a Country with free speech, and thank god we live in a Country with free speech, where we can vent our feeling, and say what we like, well, within reason, without any reprisal’s coming our way.
Feel free to disagree, I don’t mind.
:four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

Absolutely could not care less how they do in Europe unless they beat us in knockout rounds.

I judge Celtic on their own merits.

It’ll sting because it’s where I want Celtic to be but couldn’t care less.

2 Likes

If that’s how you feel, that’s fine, as I say we live in a free country. :grinning: :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

You seem to have forgotten that they already have a European trophy win in the old Cup Winners Cup final in 1972. A win this year would be their second European trophy.
I might be in a minority here and I’m probably older than most, but I certainly don’t want them winning it. I’m sure the good people of Seville don’t want them anywhere near their beautiful City, they will remember what their “loyal” crew did to central Manchester !!

Hail Hail

5 Likes

Mbm 67 I agree with most of what you are saying, I am not interested in the Huns and don’t care whether they win it or not, I am a Celtic supporter and that’s what I do. The Huns are not in that final by luck which highlights the progress we have made in the last 9 months, when we clinch the title it is a remarkable achievement in such a short time and hopefully we kick on to better things in the new season.

4 Likes

I think this is a great post. Like you, I want us to thrash Rangers all the time and I am amazed at how Ange has revived our club from the lows of last season in such dramatic and expedient style. However, I always try to be as circumspect and honest about the way I compare the two clubs’ achievements and strengths/weaknesses. In this regard, even though we are going to win the league which is a MAJOR achievement for a club still in rebuild mode, I have to congratulate Rangers on their brilliant performances in the Europa League this season - a place where Celtic have struggled embarrassingly in recent years, even when we were on course for ten in a row. Without wishing to detract anything from Celtic’s fantastic achievements this season, I would have to say that Rangers have overcome much stronger opposition to get a place in the final of the Europa and as things stand, they still look like the stronger side while our rebuild continues. I hope that Rangers success in Europe inspires the Celtic board to invest in more quality in our weakest areas of the team so that we can avoid utter embarrassment and humiliation in Europe and provide a decent challenge to Rangers domestically in the future.

2 Likes

That’s where you and the board having been going wrong. You need to open your eyes and look at the standard of football being played by our competitors in Europe and Rangers. That’s the only way Celtic can ensure they recruit sufficient quality to compete. The head in the sand approach is long gone!

1 Like

Throwing my 50pence worth in, I am one who does not want TRIFC 2012 to win the Europa League this year.

I feel it will slightly sour our league title win when it comes (should they win the trophy).

When we began to get a grip of the league this season, we were looking across the city at their European run thinking: “Aye right, that’s too big a draw for them, they’ll be out this round for sure!”. It never formalised and now the reality of them winning the trophy and gaining a massive financial lifeline is almost upon us.

Our league pays nothing to win domestically but the European money we would make should have taken us to the next level, leaving our competition well behind.

I know healthy competition is good for the game, I just don’t like the gloating coming from over the city when they see themselves as the best team in the world.

Celtic for me everyday of the week. I want us winning all the trophies, not our bitter rivals :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

At the end of the day, you and I are entitled to our opinions, mine differs from yours but thats ok, it’s called free speech, if you don’t like my thinking, that’s too bad, and using so many expletives does you no favours, just saying like.

2 Likes

Celtic fans have never been bitter and I don’t see why we should start now.
If they win the Europa League that says a lot about what level they have reached in a short space of time.
To go from a baw in a hedge in Brechin to Europa League winners in £190m is some achievement :wink:
Naw but seriously that’s a major rise in fortunes.
However the rub to this is even better for Celtic Supporters.

We beat the side that reached the Europa League to the Title in our own League and we did it from the foundation of an absolute shambolic Season last Season.
14 new signings over two windows and we achieved what no side in the Europa League has this Season.
Beat them home and away :wink:

Don’t forget the Malamö :cowboy_hat_face: though.

Difference is we didn’t break anyones bank to do it.
I’m comfortable with that and good luck to them all the same.

:grimacing:

3 Likes

i want them stuffed in Seville the war this season was who will win the league and get into the champions league proper.
The new Rangers have overspent yet again to try get the champions league money they need to survive.
If they win in Seville does that give them automatic entry to the champions league gruops too?
if so no Celtic Fan should want them to beat Frankfurt

2 Likes

Nah I think I’m not explaining myself correctly and I’ll have to think about the wording.

Of COURSE I want Celtic to do better in Europe. It’s frustrating that we’ve not had the success that I think we should have. I just think there’s nothing we can do about how they play in Europe.

I think you’d be crazy to say “let’s be more like Rangers because they’ve made it to a European final”.

4 Likes

Stop hiding behind niceties and your babbling on about free speech. Say what you mean and mean what you say, and don’t worry about my language worry about your annoying insincerity.

1 Like

Whatever, say no more.
You don’t like the way I talk and I don’t like the way you talk, so lets leave it there.

2 Likes

Good rational points. Every Club has imbeciles and I regularly go onto other sites of minnow teams as well so Celtic and Rangers are not alone in having some dick head fans.

6 Likes

Well said Gilbert, we all have a point of view, which we should be able to express without being verbally abused.

4 Likes

I can never congratulate the scum on any achievement they’re a horrible poison on Scottish football with the most bigoted nasty support, the arrogance of that club makes me sick as does their level of entitlement. The support and their obsession with child abuse, the bigotry and sectarianism, i can’t watch them, I can’t celebrate their achievement I hope to god Frankfurt horse them, and I pray for Seville for the barrage of poison and hatred they are about to endure. F**k the Huns we’re Glasgow Celtic :ireland::ireland::ireland::ireland::ireland:

7 Likes

I’m sorry but I hope they get pumped in the Europa League final. I detest everything that club stands for, if ever a club and support were White Anglo-saxon Protestant it’s them, they believe that they’re better than everyone else and have a sense of entitlement to match that. I’m sorry but nobody is better than me or any of Celtic’s support, we have a very diverse support where everyone is welcome, no matter their race, creed, or colour. The original club Rangers 1872 started from a place of exclusion and when you do that then is it any surprise they’ve got an air of superiority about them? Their support believe they can get away with anything and George Square, twice and the march through the city centre singing “the famine song” all facilitated by Police Scotland, proves they’re right. We’ve got weak governing bodies who let themselves to be held to ransom by the Ibrox club and a compliant press who no matter what they do paint them as the injured party. The supporters need to call for change at the SFA and SPFL as their only purpose that I can see is to pander to the whims of a reprehensible club and support, until we demand change then nothing will change. Eilidh Barbour who I consider to be one of the best broadcasters in Scottish sport found the misogyny, racism, homophobic and sectarian “jokes” by former lawyer Bill Copeland too much and felt the need to walk out of the SFWA awards that’s testament to everything I’ve said so far. Our own club is complicit in this too as they think we need that club to survive, they might have a point, but it’s no reason for letting them run roughshod over the rest of the good clubs in this country. Their support are becoming more militant every year and I’ll bet they wreck Seville like they always do everywhere they go. So by all means Martin, you wish them well as that’s your right, but I’ll be hoping that Eintracht Frankfurt wallop them and I even hope wee Rangers beat them in the Scottish Cup final too. I could never wish that club well as everything they stand for is the opposite of how I was brought up and my moral code, they’re totally unscrupulous and hate filled mutants who have no place in twenty first century society.

6 Likes

Well said Torky, I agree with everything you say. I’m of the camp that believes that we don’t need TRIFC or any other future incarnation of that beast. If they’d stayed “gone” I’m sure we’d have been playing in the EPL by now. No one wants TRIFC primarily because of the baggage they have and the accompanying vile elements of their following.

Hail Hail

4 Likes

Hi Torky, I can absolutely see where you’re coming from, although I am Scottish I no longer live in Scotland, so maybe my opinion reflects that.
The thing is that every football club has a moronic element within their fan base, and rangers are no different.
When I say, every football club. I mean It, and that also includes ours.
Can you in all honesty say with hand on heart that every ranger’s supporter is of that ilk?
Like us, I’m sure there are thousands of rangers supporters who are disgusted by the minority of fans who give the majority of fans a bad name.
We also have an element in our fan base who give us a bad name.
All I’m saying is that any team that give’s Scottish football a good Press by winning a major Trophy has got to be a good thing, regardless of who they are.
But first and foremost my allegiance is to Celtic football club and always will be.
If I have upset anyone by my remarks, I sincerely apologize, as that was not my intention.
:four_leaf_clover: :green_heart: :trophy: :grinning: :partying_face:

2 Likes