A different team for europe

After last nights atrocities vs BVB, I continue with my rant over the last 3 years…we are too small a team for Europen football ie who is over 6ft?

I recall when alex fergusons Aberdeen won in Europe. He had 2 different teams 1 for domestic and another, stronger more physical team for Europe. Also when Gordon Strachan was Scotland boss, he said we had too small a team…
I just read Tom English report on BBC he is spot on. BRENDON is totally unaware that besting SPL teams doesnt translate to Europe. Yes we beat Slovan who are not in the same class as most teams.

Its not impossible for Celtic to win a few more games this year BUT we have to have a plan B something that Brendon does NOT agree with.

Why do we miss CCV? Its not so much that hes a defender, but just consider this. He rarley gives the ball away. He is very strong and he starts attacking moves from the back.
Im 68 I have seen so many variations of how different Celtic managers see football.
Martin O’Neil always could change a game. He had plans B c and d
He built a very big team Balde, sutton hartson Maljby even Agath was strong and powerful athletic.
Its not new its just not being thought through and Kennedy as defensive coach doesnt inspire me
Rant over sad that we dont learn and pander to inadequite managers who just havnt got it

I reckon we need to adopt a different style/formation for our European games, more so the away ones.

I think it could be as simple as bringing the 2 wide attackers (Kuhn and Maeda at the minute) back into wide midfield roles essentially having us line up closer to a 4-5-1 formation.

From this I’d hope a CM (McGregor or Engels) could drop back a tad to help out the central defensive line.

I know we don’t need tips from across the city but they used a 4-1-4-1 formation to get to the UEFA cup final (when they wrecked Manchester) to their benefit.

European teams will come at us and have a go. I don’t see it as negative to try to keep teams out. Rodgers has stated he won’t go defence-defence-defence but he can’t be putting the players or fans through watching the team get picked off for errors coming from naivety.

Dortmund exposed our flanks very well, something we’re not used to at all. But Dortmund’s press was effective as well as a super level of precision with their passing. We hopefully took that away and could do ourselves a big favour working on a better press for Europe along with better, meaningful, passing on the training ground?