A view of what's to come

Hi All,

I placed a post here last year saying that Ange will be successful at Celtic when he first arrived. At the time I felt that he needed a bit of time to do so, and if the board stuck with him the results will come. I said that as I saw what he was capable of from up close having followed his career from his early days at South Melbourne when I watched him as a player to his later coaching exploits with the South Melbourne, The Socceroos, Brisbane Roar and Yokohama Marinos.

His success so far has caught me by surprise as I didnt think it would happen this quickly. Then again if you put him in charge of a team such as Celtic with significant resources at his disposal, its hardly surprising.

SO my predictions for what is to come are as follows:

1. Celtic will make the knockout phase of the Champions League this season. After that, it becomes a lottery as to how far Celtic progress. Progress will be measured in small incremental steps as far as Champions League is concerned. So if you fall short this year, he will take stock and look to improve next season as he will have a better idea of what is required to go the extra step. By Ange’s own admission, you cant expect to win at the first serious attempt

2. Ange will be at Celtic for about another 2-3 years. He will be snapped up up a bigger team either up north or Spain. Lets be honest, his success at Celtic was built by identifying and buying players at bargain basement prices (testament to Ange’s eye for spotting talent in the most unlikely places). This point will not be lost on Owners of the bigger clubs in England or the continent as their key motivation is profit. The other reason I believe Ange will go is because he is ambitious.

3. Expect Jota to be at Celtic this year and possibly next. A bigger club will make an offer after that that will be too good to refuse. Expect a price tag of 30M-40M pounds.

4. 100 points and 100 goals in a season in domestic competition is now a distinct possibility, (25 goals in 6 matches says it all, and there are still 32 matches to go!!! do the maths !!! ) . Ange is ruthless and he wants to make his mark. He is there to break records and not to make up the numbers.

5. re the previous point… Celtic is way ahead of any competition in Scotland at present. Its almost as if they don’t belong there any more. (Big Fish in a very small pond!!!)

Its a fascinating time to follow this team. Strap yourselves in, its going to be a wild ride !!!

1 Like