Adam Idah on the brink of becoming a Celtic player once again

This is what Sky sports have put out tonight.

Sky Sports report that the deal is worth up to £9.5m. The initial fee will be £8.5m, with £1m worth of add-ons. Norwich are also said to have inserted a 15 per cent sell-on clause into the deal.

As much as I wanted Adam Idah back, I’m not sure that he is worth that sort of layout.
If the reports were correct and the first offer of £4m was turned down, It seems incredible that we are now paying more than double for him now.

I only hope that he lives up to the pedestal that BR has put him on, to pay that much for one player, he’ll need to come out firing on all cylinders from the off.

Anyway if the reports are correct, and he has signed on the dotted line, Welcome back Adam.

1 Like

I’m totally with you on this one, nearly £10 million is far too much to pay.

Let’s hope the media have beefed this one up to get a good story. I can’t see our board okaying that kind of money either though, you’d struggle to get a Christmas card out of them!

Idah scored some important goals for us last season but we’d have to see him over a full season to give a true judgement. I can’t understand why we didn’t go loan with option to buy with £1-2 million put down as a loan fee initially?

Seeing Miovski off to Girona for allegedly less of a transfer fee is a big miss for us in my opinion.

But we can scrutinise this current deal all we want, Adam Idah looks to be back with us permanently and we wish him all the best in taking off from where he left, scoring important goals for us.

Don’t get me wrong Jeemo, I think he is a great player, and as you so rightly pointed out he scored some big important goals for us last season.
He is a very different striker to Kyogo in the respect that he is an old-fashioned poacher/striker.
Very different to Kyogo, who likes to run at defenders and who confuses them with his speed and guile, and who loves to play along the opposing team’s defensive line, which is why he gets caught offside so often.
But Idah depends more on the service he receives from the team, as he likes to get into the opposition box, more so than Kyogo.
It’s also a good thing to have two different types of strikers in a team because it gives BR the option to pick the striker best suited for a particular game.
So if the news is correct, he is a great addition to the team, regardless of how much he cost.

1 Like