Celtic vs Livingston 16/01 - Match Thread

Hi everyone,

I thought it would be a good idea to start up regular match threads so we can all have a chat and get to know each other.

Twitter and other fan forums can be quite frantic, so this might be a more chilled out internet place for you to enjoy.

67HH staff will be on hand to talk through the game or answer any questions if that’s what you’re looking for too.

We’ll have the lineup and reaction up ASAP and remember we’ll also be on YouTube just after full-time to talk through whatever happens.

Euan has already published a 3 things to look out for article to preview the game.

I’m going for a 1-0 Celtic prediction today, though would be surprised with another draw.

Enjoy the match!

Hello to all, I’m going for a 2-1 Celtic win, against my better judgement

This game isn’t pinning me with the dread it’s seemingly giving others. I’ve got a feeling we’ll pull something out the hat today after coming so close on Monday. And especially considering we have more first-team players available than has been made out.

Celtic 2-0 Livingston.

I think it’s cos Livingston are playing so well that people are worried. If it was Hamilton we were playing today for example, I think people would expect us to beat them.

I get that, but Celtic still have the ability to play a strong side. There’s this perception that we’re playing with 11 players from O’Dea’s under-20 team. Couldn’t be further from the truth and I would expect us to win today. If we don’t, it’s a poor result.

Team is up.

Decision to drop Stephen Welsh is very harsh, for me. Thought he was decent on Monday.

Yeah don’t really get that, thought Walsh played well on Monday

Called it if Bitton was available. Knew he would’ve been back in but I actually thought he would’ve been one of those self-isolating. If you’re Welsh, you wonder what you’ve got to do man. Impressing in his rare appearances doesn’t seem to be enough.

1 Like

I just feel sorry for him. The lad is 20 and had a handful of appearances. The way Lennon has given him chances suggests there are long-term hopes for him. But then decisions like this suggest the opposite.

If he’s not going to play here he needs moved on or a loan.

Rogic is limping already after an…’aggressive’ challenge

Livingston hit the post, lucky to get away with that

Also dreadful pass from Frimpong.

We’re getting dominated here

Rogic upfront himself is a bold choice

Four corners to Livingston already

Better move by Celtic, but Johnston miskicks

Again good play, McGregor with a great shot just over the bar, we’ve settled into the game

Good play again, firmpong had a chance to shoot but tried to cut it back instead and it was cleared

Couple of good moments going forward but this hasn’t been competent. So messy.