Chris Sutton calls out Celtic star Odsonne Edouard after derby failure

Originally published at: Chris Sutton calls out Celtic star Odsonne Edouard after derby failure - 67 Hail Hail

Chris Sutton has hit out at Odsonne Edouard and questioned whether who would still want him after an abysmal display at Ibrox this afternoon. Edouard was often second-best in any aerial duels that came his way. However, he would also miss a late penalty whilst spurning another superb second-half opportunity in the second 45. Added…

2 Likes

In a season of failures and disappointments the worst by far has been Edouard.

2 Likes

In a huff? Casual with chances? That’s very subjective and can’t say I agree but lack of effort like chasing back in defense was evident.

1 Like

I thought the way he took the first opportunity was shocking personally. I thought there was a clear opportunity for him to simply hit it low or bounce it into the ground. It was noticeable for me pretty early I felt that he was throwing a bit of a huff more than is normal for him. He was massively disappointing this afternoon

2 Likes

I’m just so disgusted with Edouard. Arguably, one of our best players but this a team game. Looked completely disinterested. The manner in which he took his chance in the 2nd half, with a lacklustre flick, summed up his season. As for his pen, it was a cert that he would miss. I would give Ajeti a run of games now, nothing to lose, they’re meaningless games. He’ll probably be the only current forward with us next season.

2 Likes

Kennedy has played Moi linking up with him in most games and he’s meant to be a winger? He’s most definitely not a striker either #10 doubt it. And it should be goodbye to him for the remaining games put on grass leave. And have our only two strikers Leigh & Ajeti scoring for fun.

1 Like

Sutton is correct why should we defend EDDIE when he has been dreadful for most of the season. moody lazy weak greedy wasteful …sell him.

4 Likes

He should have been hooked yesterday but again we saw poor use of substitutes (apart from Laxalt). Why wait so long when you`re two goals down?

1 Like

I think he’ll keep Edouard on the pitch unfortunately. As much as I would rather just try out some other players…what about Klimala? Oh wait…

1 Like

If he’s gone great, I will read 67 soon. But again what a waste of money he was, no amount of games will make him any good for us far too inconsistent. We can’t even use our youth strikers, they’re not scoring enough.