Forgotten Celtic striker Albian Ajeti deserves everyone's backing this summer

Originally published at: Forgotten Celtic striker Albian Ajeti deserves everyone's backing this summer - 67 Hail Hail

As Leigh Griffiths continues to get plenty of Celtic backers in the media, it’s time that Albian Ajeti got the same. Last night, it was the turn of former Hoops striker Gerry Creaney to push the pro-Griffiths bus. He stated that the arrival of Ange Postecoglou as manager could spark Griffiths to life once again.…

2 Likes

If you want to see a forward who really doesn’t want to run outwith the sucufference of his own arse give him all the support you want. If you really want to see celtic improve…move him on and try another.

I think that all the players that were frozen out by NL needs to be assessed by AP, just because they were frozen out does not make them bad players, you only have to look at Hendry, since going out on loan he looks like a different player as does Bayo, lots of players were never given a chance under NL, either your face fitted or it didn’t, NL seemed to stick with the old guard regardless of how they were playing.
Players need a string of games to get up to speed, bringing them on for 10 or 15 mins is not going to do the job, it does nothing for their confidence and does not give them enough playing time to show what they can really do.
So hopefully AP will look at everyone and make up his own mind whether they are good enough to stay or not. HH.

3 Likes

From what we hear and read the new manager likes pace in the front areas.

Even if / when fully fit neither of these players is blessed with pace.

Due to the amount of players on the move from Celtic it might take time but in all likelihood both will not be long term in the new regime.

I can’t see either of them being part of long term planning. The cold harsh reality is, if we lose Edouardd, we don’t have great back-up so it’s worth hanging onto both until Christmas. That’s their window of opportunity. We need a replacement for Eddy but if there are formations where we have 2 strikers, then Griffiths has an eye for goal and his battle should be to maintain fitness and shoot from anywhere. Ajeti…this is where I think Postecoglou might just be the one to unlock guys like Ajeti, Barkas (and they can speak in Greek), Bayo…these guys might perform better for a fresh, overseas manager. But I wouldn’t extend the goodwill beyond Christmas if they’re not busting a gut to impress. If Griffiths hasn’t matched expectations, most other PL teams would buy him. If Ajeti isn’t performing, sorry but we could trade him in.
For me, the most important thing is getting the academy players closer to first team action. They are willing and keen - if they possess the skill and talent, let them have a league cup run, the way that a lot of the top EPL sides blood youngsters in their league cup

2 Likes

@david.walton I really enjoyed this article and agree about giving Ajeti a second chance :+1:

Let’s also do the same for Bolingoli.

I really agree with you Christmas and then decide