Great effort poor banner

What a great effort by the team v shaktar tonight. The “banner” however shamed the club and should have been removed

2 Likes

I’m the biggest Celtic fan in the world but I was thoroughly repulsed, disgusted and ashamed by those sickening, disrespectful and shameful banners in Poland tonight! I hope our Club find and ban the pathetic morons for life. How on earth are these sickos allowed anywhere near a Celtic football match??

2 Likes

Thanks Dom for your agreement. I am 66, supported Celtic proudly since I can remember. I live in England, have an English wife and we are both driving up this weekend to go to Celtic the musical. How do I start to explain? She asked what the green brigade was…well that Banner tells us all in 3 words. I would feel certain that it would be removed ASAP if it was put up at Celtic park!!! 66 years a celtic supporter and today I have to hide my shame.

1 Like

Went to my local last night for the first time in years, the local CFC supporters club were there. Not one wasn’t disgusted. Truly awful banner. I’m most certainly not a royalist or monarchist but this reached the abhorrent low levels of the Govanites, let’s leave the gutter to them.

Hail Hail

1 Like

Thanks thats at least reassuring im not just out of touch im surprised the media across Europe have not picked up on it. Those poor Ukraians looking for some sort of respite, having to endure thst nonsense

1 Like

These morons should be taken to task by Celtic FC and banned for life.
There should be no place in football for this type of tifo, it brings shame on our great club,
Not only to our club but to Scotland as a whole.
Any banner that does not involve football should IMO be barred from football matches.
We live in the 21st century, not in the 19th century, we all should be above this type of behaviour.
My advice to Celtic football club is, find those responsible and take away their season ticket’s if applicable, and I repeat ban them for life.
Another burning question is, how long is Celtic going to put up with the green brigade’s transgressions, over the years they have put our club to shame on numerous occasions, how many times is Celtic going to put up with being fined because they have stepped over the line with their insulting bigoted nothing to do with football banners.
Close the section down and give it over to decent, respectful and well-behaved Celtic fans.
The latest banner should be the last straw.

Unfortunately, it looks like Celtic will be fined again, judging by the latest UEFA statement.

A UEFA spokesperson said: “Please be informed that proceedings have been opened against Celtic FC regarding a banner displayed during their UEFA Champions League match against FC Shakhtar Donetsk played on 14 September in Warsaw.

1 Like

Thanks for your response glad its not just me. Since writing the initial post i now think Celtic could have asked for the banner to be removed either b4 the match or at half time ? HH

2 Likes

Hey Mick
I take my hat off to you! I live in England too and many on here might be surprised at the strength of support for our wonderful football club outside Scotland. I am as far from a royalist as you can get but I respect and tolerate the views of others and the democracy we live in. I agree with the comments made by the sensible majority of decent Celtic supporters that these banners are nothing but a stain on our club and those responsible must be dealt with in the harshest possible way available to the club.

1 Like

i was taught to ignore bigots and treat everyone of all faiths equally.
Even if you don’t agree with royalty or having monarchy this was an old lady of 96 who had died and had nothing to do with Celtic F.C and there is no place for the pathetic banners seen through out the world.
A group who helped create a spectacle at Celtic park last week spoil all their good work.
Celtic are known for its beliefs and values but these sort of non football statements should not be displayed and detract from the noise and support the fans gave the team last night.
If you don’t want to pay respect then turn away and stand in silence. .

1 Like

Yes, good to read that the posts here, from genuine die-hard Celtic fans, call out the disgusting banners paraded by morons who pretend to be Celtic fans. I’m not a fan of the monarchy and all it represents, but I have respect for the Queen and am ashamed that our club have been embarrassed by these morons. Find out who they are, ban them for life and shame them. We also need to rise above the Sevco company and their supporters too. They weren’t even around for most of the Queens reign and avoided paying HM taxes when they were!

1 Like

Well said these people are using crltic as a political platform,without realising it.

2 Likes

Mick, I think they know exactly what they are doing.
What is disturbing is the silence from the Celtic board.
I would have expected a statement by now.
What is even more disturbing is Sky sports may well turn off their mic’s on Sunday if they hear any anti-monarch chanting or swearing during the minute’s applause at the start of the St Mirren match.

1 Like

Hi Martin
Thsnks for your commrnts. I am up in Glasgow now and on my way to see celtic the musical

Agree with youe silence comments. Now reading uefa considering stafium ban

Sad really

That’s nice, enjoy the musical, I hear it’s excellent.

Aye live in England have been told at least Celtic fans are not sheep follow the right wing demand that wee should Mourn . Sorry we still have a right to freedom of speech banner was poor taste but still proud to be a Tim HH

Yea, we’re not all sheep, but that doesn’t give you the right to do what those morons did! It’s disgusting and no words, from anyone, can excuse this behaviour! Celtic and the fans have been shamed by these morons! End of story.

1 Like

I’m a celtic fan and a Republican, as anti monarchists as they come, I also am an anti fascist left wing Skinhead. I wasn’t repulsed by the banner and I’ve already suffered abuse from other celtic fans for my stance and beliefs. I feel anti monarchists have become paraiahs of late weather celtic fans or otherwise. I sometimes think the songs are dated now calling for Provos that no longer exist, but the case for liberty, freedom and an end to imperial union does exist. The crimes done in the name of monarchy throughout recent history Ar disgraceful and I understand many of you will say what has that got to do with celtic? Well as a football club nothing, but there are elements among our support who may be from the North of Ireland for example who have witnessed British brutality first hand. We have moved to a new millennium indeed over 20 years into it and times move on, we strive for peace and reconciliation going forward, but also we do not forget what was done in her name, we are a club with irlts roots intertwined in Irish history and resistance, it is not a crime to call out the monarchy, the government or those who imposed suffering that is free speech. We were born of famine and oppression, we stand in solidarity with impoverished peoples around the world, those who suffer under the boot of dictators and remember much of those peoples who suffered and suffer retrospectively was thanks to British interference and empire. Hail Hail

2 Likes

As far as I’m concerned all this does is bring bad publicity to the club, you don’t like them stay quiet, don’t forget we have the annual Poppyday embarrassment coming soon and again it’s the club that will cop it.

2 Likes

I agree with you, but do they really care, as long as they get their point over, nothing else matters.
Whether they bring the club into disrepute is a side issue, as long as they get their agenda across that’s all that matters to them.

1 Like