If we lose Kyogo in the summer transfer window

If we accept a huge bid for kyogo in the summer window we don’t have to look too far for a replacement Imo.
I would bring in Miovski from Aberdeen as he’s the sort of player that would slot into the way we play with ease.
Bringing back Idah is a no brainer because apart from the fact he’s a really good player, he genuinely loves the Club and the fans.
Shankland is another option but I would lean more to Miovski as he’s only 24 and I think would slot into the team better than Shankland.
Perhaps bring in all three as that would significantly strengthen the team.
As far as goalkeepers go, we haven’t really given Benjamin Siegrist much game time, perhaps with Hart gone he can step up to the plate and show us what he’s made of.
The player we should try to hold on to is Matt O’Riley, because he has been immense for us this season.
But will the board buckle if a huge bid comes in for him?
Time will tell. :four_leaf_clover:

Kyogo’s technical ability and positioning would be a big loss for us but Miovski’s fearless big game goal scoring traits would benefit us.

I’d let Shankland head to the other side of Glasgow and pick up all the runners up medals he wants in my opinion.

In terms of GK, I agree Siegrest wasn’t given a chance while Hart was with us and prior to moving to us, he was a good goalie in a poor Dundee Utd side. But for us to progress, namely in Europe, I feel we need a commanding continental shot stopper between the sticks for us. For me, Siegrest may have to decide if he’s happy being bit part even more?

Hanging on to O’Riley for at least another season would be the best transfer decision Celtic would make next season. He must be tempted to give it one more season with our Champions League spot guaranteed and if he does stay, I feel it’d be a major statement that we are progressing in building that “quality” squad we need to compete on the continent.

I agree with everything you say, but you neglected to mention Idah, would you like to see him back? because I sure would.
He reminds me of Hartson in many ways, He’s strong, holds the ball up really well, difficult to get past, and has that killer instinct in front of goal.

Is there no room for Vata? Clubs in Europe are queing up must have something?

In my opinion Rocco Vata is one for the future, if I’m not mistaken, he’s only just turned 18.
If as you say clubs in Europe are looking at him, it’s also for the future, they will bring him in to their under 21 squad until he is ready to step up to the first team.
But right now, we need players to come in and hit the ground running.
With the Champions league round the corner, we need big strong players, players who can stand up to their European counterparts.
Players such as Adam Idah and Bojan Miovski, plus a top-class goalkeeper.
I think that’s our priorities right now.
We desperately need to add height and weight to our team to compete in Europe.

Idah for me would not be a priority right now. I know it’s a controversial mind set but I’m thinking that Norwich are going to be tough about this one and really make us wait. Makes no point whatsoever as well considering Idah was well down the pecking order at Carrow Road?

I just think because there’s so much media hype about the deal in Scotland that Norwich are doing what we are about to do to Mikey Johnston (hopefully!) and put a high price on a player who is no where near first team plans.

In terms of Idah’s ability, is he a player who’d be happy on the bench (should we hold onto Kyogo)? He scored goals, important ones too, but I’d like to see how he’d go over a full season, against European teams too. I just don’t know if he would be the “next level” type of signing we need to start us moving towards a better quality team?

My opinion only though.

I think we’ll have to agree to disagree on Idah, in my opinion he wasn’t giving the game time by Rodgers to really shine, but when he came on as a sub, he made a real impact and scored some vital season winning goals.
As for Kyogo, his performance from last season to this season was chalk and cheese.
In Europe you can’t afford to go missing in games, which Kyogo does, ok he scores some brilliant goals when he does pop up, but I think we need a bigger presence up front to take the game to teams and drive through them, which in my opinion that’s not really kyogo’s game.
Players who I think are capable of doing that are Idah and Miovski.
I also think if Celtic really want to bring in the aforementioned players they have the funds and the knowledge to get the deals over the line.
If Idah states to his club that he wants to come back to Celtic, I think they will have to capitulate and let him go, because you cannot get the best out of an unhappy player, or a player whose head has been turned.

1 Like