I'm sorry to say, but It looks like a done deal for Matt

Well, it looks like Matt O’Riley to Brighton is a done deal.
You have been brilliant for Celtic Matt, you will be sorely missed my friend.
I only hope that whoever comes in can fill your very large boot’s, it won’t be easy.
Good luck in your new club.
Here is a vid of Matt’s greatest hits.

:grinning: :four_leaf_clover:

Good luck to O’Riley, hopefully he can show that he can cut it in the EPL.

Bernardo, Iwata or a new replacement now will get a chance. We’re not in that bad a spot really.

Let’s hope that when O’Riley goes he keeps his mouth shut and doesn’t keep posting about how much he loves Celtic (like Dembele and others who’ve left). If anyone truly loves our club, they’d hang around and play for the jersey?

I don’t agree jeemo, I hope he shouts from the rooftops what a brilliant experience playing at Celtic was.
The reason being that other players will read that and if they are approached by Celtic it might sway their decision.

I see where you’re coming from, I just hate when we lose serious talent.

Our newest Glasgow rivals will be rubbing their hands that we’ve lost a high element of our attacking game.

O’Riley had a talent to unlock defences as well as scoring some goals, we need his replacement to slot straight in.

I’d hate it if we had a few draws or so to keep that Belgian waffler in a job

1 Like

I know, I’m gutted as well, but hopefully we’ll see a couple of arrivals before the window closes.
If we don’t then our team is seriously weakened.
I hope the interest in Erne Engels is fact, not fiction, and we see him walking through Celtic’s front door.

1 Like

Let’s hope the talk of an Edouard return is just media drivel!

He scored a few goals for us but never showed any real passion and when it came to putting his tools down during the COVID season, we truly saw his true self.

There’s surely better in the market who’d actually show up in games for us. Edouard will hopefully not even be sniffed at :crossed_fingers:t2:

Just ignore the gossip Jeemo, It’s just journalists trying to find something to put out there to justify their inflated wages.
So basically just treat it with a pinch of salt, It’ll never happen.