Sad to see them go, but the time is right in their minds, and we have to respect that

It’s with a heavy heart that I say farewell to Nir bitton and tom Rogic because both of them have given many years to this great club and between them have won many trophies along the way.
I, for one, am sad to see them go.
On saying that, I also think it’s for the best.
No one can stay at a club forever, but it’s fitting that they leave as champion’s.
We will miss both of them, of course we will, but dare I say that Tom Rogic will be missed more, and that’s with no disrespect to Nir bitton, that’s only my opinion,
Tom’s mesmerizing mazy runs past defenders were something to behold, and all the wonderful goals he has scored for Celtic will last in my memory for years to come.
Farewell guys, we will miss you, and all the very best in your new ventures, whatever they may be.
Also, if the media is to be believed, Christopher Jullien may well be joining them in exiting the club, we will just have to wait and see what happens there.
But as far as I can tell, he is not a happy bunny due to his lack of playing opportunities, since coming back from that terrible injury he sustained when he tangled with the goalpost.
But if we can keep the backline intact, I can’t see that situation changing anytime soon.

:four_leaf_clover: :green_heart: :clap: :clap:

I respect and thank both players immensely for all that they have given to our club and the fans over many years. I have to say that I was very surprised to hear that Tom decided to leave because in my opinion he has been rejuvenated as a player under Ange, whom he also respects very much as a manager. For me, I would have thought Tom would have wished to extend his contract because he was still a big part of Ange’s plans. Maybe there is concern about Tom’s fitness as Ange aims to raise the bar even higher for next season. Who knows?

Yes, that’s a strange one from Rogic because he seemed to be enjoying his football this season, and as you say he looks rejuvenated under Ange’s style of play.
But I have a feeling that Ange may have instigated his departure because he wants player’s who can play for the full 90 minutes, and that’s something that Rogic has always struggled with.
I could be wrong, but that’s my take on it.
To have a player who can only play for one hour or so is not in Ange’s playbook.
From what I’ve seen, you have to be extremely fit to play in Ange’s team.
The fact that Rogic is an Australian would make no difference to Ange whatsoever, in my opinion.
I’m sure the truth will out in a week or two.
It looks like It was Rogic’s decision to leave Celtic from what I can gather from media reports.

Agreed. In all honesty, these announcements are a bombshell for Celtic because both players have Champions League experience which would have helped the campaign next season. Also, how much will it cost to replace these players. They are not easy to find within our budget.

1 Like