Should we sign Jordan Larsson?

In my opinion, we should put aside who his father is and look at him as a gifted footballer in his own right.
The 25-year-old managed 27 goals and nine assists in 83 games in total over all competitions for Spartak across the last three seasons.
He is capable of playing anywhere across the front line and can even drop deeper into midfield.
He is also a free agent, so there would be no big outlay to bring him to Celtic.
And from what I’ve seen and read, I think he would fit into Ange’s style of play with ease.
To me, It’s a no-brainer.
OK, there will be comparisons with his dad, of course there will, that’s inevitable, but I think he is of an age where he can cope with that.
And to see that famous name on the back of the shirt again would be amazing.
And Celtic would sell them by the bucket load, and make a fortune to boot in retail sales.
:four_leaf_clover:

If he is keen to come to Celtic (Going off reports it seems he is) and Ange deems him a good fit then it’s a win win.
He has decent ability from what I have seen and not a one trick pony like Ajeti who he would replace.

2 Likes

But can we believe everything we read in the media regarding JL?, according to certain sections of the media, his agent has reached out to Celtic.
Would he even want to come to Celtic? That’s the question.
I personally would love to see him playing for us, but that’s just me.
:four_leaf_clover:

I can’t see him wanting to start as third choice striker, he’ll be in decent wages, plus the inevitable media circus seems like something Ange would be keen to avoid.

It’s a no for me.

From what I’ve heard, he’s more of an attacking midfielder rather than an out-and-out striker, although when required he can play up front in that role.
As far as the media circus goes, I don’t think that would bother Ange too much as long as he is of the required standard for his team.

1 Like

Fair enough about the circus: of Ange thinks he can make it I’m sure he can.

Will we need another attacking mid though?

Well yes IMO, Soro has gone out on loan, Ajeta doesn’t seem to be in Ange’s plans going forward, OK Ajeta is a striker, but JL can cover that role and also play in midfield, so he would be an ideal replacement for Ajeta.

1 Like