The Celtic managerial hunt thread!

He’s ready.

2 Likes

But in a more serious tone, should Celtic consider getting rid of the academy and starting a Celtic 2? It would give the players higher competition (I know what’s what thei trying to buy currently).

2 Likes

That’s the one bit of Brentford’s structure that gives me some pause. I can’t imagine eliminating the academy would go over very well with the fan base, for starters, but I also think that it would force the club to be more focused on acquisitions rather than development. I think an academy and a second team could go hand in hand, though. I don’t see why they would have to be mutually exclusive. It would just allow for another stage of hands-on, in-house development for academy players to graduate into in preparation for a potential move into the first team.

2 Likes

I may have missed this being mentioned on the site in all of the hubbub today, but I read that Celtic were the club that sponsored Jesse Marsch’s European coaching badges…does this make him…a Celtic man?

1 Like

If he knows the city then he’s our man.

1 Like

I know he got his badges in Scotland. Was it through Celtic?

1 Like

This is what I read a few minutes ago. I’m buzzing about this one.

1 Like

Woo wee woo waa!

Celtic do you want nice things?! Cuz this is how you get nice things!

1 Like

My fello Celts, we’d all love to see Marsch as Celtic manager but let’s be realistic, under the current stewardess of Desmond & Co (who want to achieve glory on the cheap) Marsch as manager won’t happen. Jesse Marsch isn’t coming to Celtic, yeah, when placed on the spot during a BBC interview he respectively rolled out the ‘Birthday Card P%44’ with regards to Celtic as a Club, his remarks were nothing more than a tactical manoeuvre on his behalf to place himself in the shop window for bigger clubs within Europe to ‘Come A Calling’ for his services, clubs from Germany, Spain and France not the backwater of European football in the mould of the SPFL.

Jesse Marsch has all the signs of a Brenden Rodgers as in, Jesse Marsch and his footballing methodology and philosophy is a brand onto itself, that the highest bidder is welcome to purchase. WHY, would Jesse Marsch want to become the manager of a club that LITERALLY has no ambition whatsoever? WHY would Marsch want to manage a club that repeatedly BS its managers, BS its players and takes their support base for the absolute "Faiffully BLIND without Question mugs that they are? WHY would Jesse Marsch want to manage a club that is OBSESSED with doing JUST about enough to stay a hairbreadth ahead and no more of the ‘Govan Globetrotters’?

Our Club, currently, is an absolute f%£king mess because of the unbelievable, clueless incompetence of Desmond and Co when it comes to ALL things football-related. My suspicious is that Desmond and Co ( Golf obsessed cheap charlatans that they are) are stalling as much as they can hoping to buy Kennedy ( a man that they APPARENTLY don’t trust) time to prove himself between now and the end of the season, so they don’t have to spend REAL money on a top-class act of a managerial appointment.

2 Likes

This is exactly how you get nice things!

2 Likes

I hope that we can get our house in order.

1 Like

@StrangeAttractions There you go fello Celt, Euan’s article points to the likely hood that Jesse Marsch is more than likely going to end up at a top German club with the’ White Picket Fence’ in the form of a top of the range Sporting Division already in place to work with, Marsch is using Celtic FC as a ruse to boost his profile and appeal.

Celtic Academy is a shambles and there isn’t even a reserve league in place to give (what we would regard to be the best of our best) the required experience that they need to make the eventual step up into the first team. Celtic will never get their house in order as long as Desmond and Co remain at the helm, major shareholders that care more about improving their Golf handicap rather than finding ways to propel Celtic into the modern game, being an SPFL club is destroying Celtic and preventing the club from realising its true potential on the world stage.

If Celtic have any real aspirations of becoming a European force through the modernising of the club by elevating every department of the business to an elite status that will require a serious injection of cash over a prolonged period, which would be a along term project better suited to a different league, a richer league that would provide the necessary funding to accomplish that. Celtic should seriously consider leaving the Scottish League altogether and working their way up through the English divisions, to hopefully one-day land in the EPL, staying in SPFL is killing Celtic

2 Likes

Looks like Howe! Thoughts?

4 Likes

I think it’s the best possible move we could make given the realities of the situation. I’m very excited about this and Howe seems to fit with just about everything the supporters have been hoping for. I think if we end up with a Harkin/Howe tandem for the rebuild, we’ll be in very good stead to identify and attract the right players.

3 Likes

I expect this will probably move quite quickly either way. Howe looks like our first choice but a lot can happen between that and getting it over the line.

Looks like we’ve at least made our move. Harkin/Howe is definitely progressive and hopeful, which is probably the most we can ask for.

Be really interesting what Howe’s backroom team will be. I’ve heard a few wild rumours.

3 Likes

I hope you heard Damian Duff name in rumours John.

1 Like

What sorry of transfer budget will he get? I could see a lack of funds really turn him off of the position. It could be seen as the board not supporting their coach.

1 Like

THE HOWE HELICOPTER IS SKYWARD.

THIS IS HOWE IT FEELS TO BE CELTIC.

etc.

3 Likes

Hail hail, the Celts are here, what the hell do we care now?!