This would be a brilliant signing for Celtic ( video link included )

If Celtic could bring in Montenegro winger Sead Haksabanovic, it would be a brilliant piece of business for Celtic due to his versatility.
He’s predominantly a left sided winger, but can also play on the right wing or through the middle, and can also play up front if needed.
Which is a great asset to have should one or both of our strikers get injured.

The 23-year-old is undergoing a medical in London as he puts the finishing touches to a near-£2million move.

The link below gives us a good idea of his skills, the way he holds the ball up, his dribbling skills, his range of passing, his speed, and his goal scoring skills.

:four_leaf_clover: :green_heart: :grinning:

1 Like

Looks a player but I could see a potential lack of game time scuttling this.

2 Likes

Quite honestly, I don’t think that’s going to be a problem because Ange and his team seems to have the knack of bringing players up to speed very quickly.
So I don’t think that would be a concern.
The main concern would be, does he fit Celtic, and is Celtic the right fit for him?
Because the camaraderie is so good within the team, the last thing that Celtic needs is a prima dona in the mix.
:four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Oh for sure! A prima Dona would not get in at all.

I just mean that he’d be coming in as the third striker/fourth winger and might not get the game time he wants (he is probably good enough to deserve).

Perhaps prima dona was the wrong expression to use, LOL.
Maybe I should have said prima uomo instead.
Or egomaniac.
But of course he may not be any of these things, and may fit nicely into the team.

1 Like

I completely agree. Ange confirmed that the remaining days of this transfer window would be used to try and bring in versatile players and that is why I feel pretty confident that Haksabanovic fits the requirement for a both sided winger and someone that can play down the middle if required. To be perfectly honest, I don’t think Forrest will be anything more than a bench player from now on while Johnston will hopefully be loaned out to get some much needed game time.

2 Likes

I completely agree, Sead Haksabanovic looks very versatile and would be a great addition to the team.
JF will be used as a super sub from here on in, I can’t see him making the starting line-up any time soon, and Johnston I think will either be loaned out or moved on permanently. :four_leaf_clover: :green_heart:

It will be interesting to see whether Ange also brings in a versatile defensive midfielder to fill Nir Bitton’s boots - or whether that role is now given to Mooy. I still think we need a commanding defensive midfielder who can win the ball and get a quick counter attack going. It would also allow Cal Mac to play more creatively further forward. I’d say we definitely need a player like this for the Champions League campaign!

1 Like

I thought that was why Mooy was brought in, to fill that void after Nir Biton left?.

I suppose there is no cover for Mooy if he gets injured though…

1 Like

True, but at a push, O’Riley could drop into that position possibly?

Possibly, but I think Ange will want O’Riley being creative up front and a more defensive ball winner type player to protect the back four, especially for Champions League games…

1 Like

No doubt, Ange will get creative if push comes to shove. LOL :four_leaf_clover:

Haha! Just an autocorrect error on my part!

1 Like

I am sure he will be a great addition to the squad, also don’t thing Ange would be looking as bringing in someone who would acting “Billy big Bhoy” in the dressing room. My only worry is getting game time, we have some right good attacking players as it is, I love big GG and worry about him not playing often enough. I think we could manage to play him and Kyogo in the same team? any thoughts on that one. I know big Ange said it is not his job to keep players happy, they should be happy enough to be at a club as big as Celtic, and I love that response, but do the players not getting game time think the same? Any thoughts?

I think I may have spoken out of turn there, I’m sure he will fit in very well.
As far as players not getting game time, when a club has a big squad like Celtic it’s very difficult, if not near impossible, to keep everyone happy, but it’s a long season with Champions League thrown in.
So it’s a matter of being patient and your time will come, so to speak.
I agree that it’s possible to play GG and KF in the same team, but I think Ange may wait and look at that possibility for the Champions League?.
I’m not sure we need to do that for the domestic league.
:four_leaf_clover: :green_heart:

You know my main worry is if GG is constantly on the bench I think he might get frustrated, I hope not. I like the big man and, if he starts regulary, I am sure he will score for fun, of course I like Khogo as well, hence, can they both play in the same side?.

I personally think that they would compliment each other, as GG predominantly scores his goals from within the box, poacher fashion, and KF likes to run in to score goals and has a great range of passes.
Which would suit a poacher like GG down to the ground.
But perhaps they’ve tried it out in training, and it didn’t work.?
But as I previously mentioned it’s a very long season, and I’m sure GG will get plenty of time on the pitch.
In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me if he starts against Hearts.
Because Hearts are a big physical team, Ange might want someone big and powerful to counteract their physicality.

:four_leaf_clover: :green_heart:

1 Like

Good point about they maybe tried it in training, we just do not know. I dont really know all the ins and out of Football and I am sure Ange knows what he is doing, no worries about that. Agree, a long season as well and they will all get a chance, I love GG and Kyogo and would hate to see either unsettled, I also trust Ange 100%, yes what do I know. Modern Football does sometimes pass me by I must admit, went to my first Cetic game about 1952. I had a laugh the other night, someone was talking about “inverted fullbacks”, I thought, goodness, was Tommy Gemmell one?, he came inside many a time, but certainy just though that the big man was a left back who scored many a goal, anyhow new to this site and enjoying it, looking forward to tomorrow, (especially after todays results), a good friend has invited me to the hospitality and meeting at CP at 13.00, from a bhoy in the Jungle to corporate hospitalty, wonder what my wee Da would have made of that. HH

2 Likes

Nice one Desi, many good points, and a nice story to boot. :four_leaf_clover: