"We didn't like that"; Charlotte FC mirror Celtic stance on Riley McGree

Originally published at: Charlotte FC mirror Ange Postecoglou's Celtic comments on Riley McGree

Charlotte FC have issued a very similar set of comments on Riley McGree to Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou, helping to vindicate the Bhoys manager on the January saga. McGree has signed for Middlesbrough in the English Championship from the MLS despite Celtic noting their interest in the player. Postecoglou insisted the decision was as much…

1 Like

How is this an actual post?

The guy chose money before career progress :four_leaf_clover:

Middlesbrough are allegedly paying hike £34k a week. The guy is obvious money orientated and has chosen money over trophies and a chance to have something in his career to look back on in years to come.

I don’t know what Celtic we’re offering, but Ange is spot on and if the guy has to think twice, then he’s not the player for us.

There’s bigger & better than McGree out there who would jump at the chance to don the Hoops, so good luck to him and we both love on.

PS,
I agree that this is a non story and has been dragged out because the SMSM want to put this across as something it’s not. Best to put it to bed and not give them any inches for their gossip pages.

HAIL HAIL
KEEP THE FAITH​:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

You are correct there are better than him out there for a lot less outlay regarding salary.But why wish him good luck? He is nothing to us…

1 Like

Can’t believe all the fuss. I’d never heard of him before. Obviously he’ll take the money. He could then move from Middlesboro once he established himself. Priority now must be a centre back and left back Can’t believe another window will close and these two positions aren’t filled! Time yet, but …!