Your Expectations On A New Season

A wee thread where you can perhaps put down your own wishes and or expectations going into a new Season as a Tim.
I tend to go into every Season with the same thoughts though going into last Season given all that had transpired the Season previous those thoughts were more in the hope than perhaps the expectation variety of wants.
This Season we go in reinvigorated as Double winners under a Manager who strives for continued forward momentum.
He never stops and so neither does the push for improvement.
My own hope is for a League and Cup Double with a good showing in Europes elite competition.
I’ve never drawn much enjoyment from watching us in Europe through the slits in my fingers personally and would rather we hadn’t qualified than be there as cannon fodder for the rest.
I don’t get that vibe under Ange though recent developments regarding Joe Harts new No 6 role have had the blood pumping a bit more than I’d like.
Hopefully that idea is canned in Europe and only looked into up against our own cannon fodder in Scotland.
3rd or even 2nd spot in what will no doubts be a tough draw given our seeding would be an achievement in itself but I don’t think out of the realms of possibility or reality should we up our performance levels and not fear these sides.
I think a couple of home wins and a draw ie 7 points should be the target for this our first Season back in the top flight in Europe.
The League race will be exactly that but I think the fact we have retained our squad and added in several key areas should put us in a good place from the get go which of course starts today against Aberdeen.
I’d like to see us put down a marker today with a dominant performance so our rivals get the message.
Well that’s my thoughts going into it folks be interested to know your own thoughts before it starts.

HH :four_leaf_clover::green_heart::four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

In all honesty, I’d be personally happy retaining the league title in a comfortable manner and getting through from the group stage of the Champions League.

The cups are always nice additions to get but gain us no great effect on our progress moving forward. Would be disappointed seeing TRIFC 2012 take the cups though on the other hand. Just seeing their “Legend” of a current captain (lifting 2 notable Scottish trophies in his entire TRIFC 2012 career) gaining success irritates me as he thinks he is one of the best players to exist! Rant over!

Getting back to us and the progress I’d like to see, I’m hoping Ange and our coaches can develop a good European style which will see us giving most teams a tough game. Home European games have often been good for us. Some away European results and not losing schoolboy goals would be a major positive in my mind :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

I think we got a glimpse of where we are headed with Bodø/Glimt last Season.
Hopefully we are at that stage this Season with a view to improving on it at Celtic.
If we can then the rest should take care of itself on the Domestic front as no side in our setup can live with that Football.
No even the swashbuckling runners up at Mordor.

2 Likes

Winning the league, getting 3rd in the CL group, Scottish Cup, getting to the last 8 of the EL, League Cup.

Priority in that order.

3 Likes

Retaining the league title, finishing 3rd or better in the CL and one of the domestic Cups would IMHO constitute a great season. It would further cement our position as the best in Scotland & no longer canon fodder in Europe’s (if not the world’s) premier club competition. That plus the maintenance of the current feel good atmosphere surrounding our club, I haven’t felt this togetherness since the MON era.

Hail Hail

3 Likes

I fully expect us to remain at the top of the league for the rest of the season, and what I’d like to see is for us to also remain unbeaten at home in all competitions, like we did under MON for so long. At least one scalp in the CL also used to be expected under numerous previous managers, so a return to those sort of performances in Europe would be very welcomed. Also would love to get Real Madrid and an English team in the CL. Can’t wait. :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

4 Likes