What I'm going to say might be controversial to many celtic fans

I’m Scottish and live in England and that fact does not alter my opinion of the rainjurs, when Dundee Utd made it to the UEFA cup final I supported them in every round, I was proud of them, I’ve also watched hearts play Bayern Munich in Europe and also been to Easter road to follow hibs I’n Europe in my youth, I’m from Edinburgh. But I cannot do the sake for the Huns, the hatred Of them is too deep and I have very personal reasons for loathing them as I do. They are not good for Scottish football as a whole, they offer nothing and our game was much better off when that club didn’t exist or were condemned to lower leagues. To me it’s more than just a rivalry, I absolutely cannot back a club so entrenched in bigotry and hatred, a club that lied and cheated other clubs and people outwith football with arrogance and complete indifference and actually having the audacity to play the victims. Their policy of segregation against Catholics in their staff, the provocative or*nge strips, the obsession with child abuse. I could go on, I’m partisan I see no other club but Celtic, and for all those reasons I disagree with your sentiment, they are scum, the enemy and a disgrace to Scotland. Hail Hail :green_heart::ireland::shamrock:

3 Likes

Hi Martin I’m not going to say that our club doesn’t have morons in it that would be stupid and naive of me if I claimed that but I’m neither of those things, I know there are some who need treatment in our support too. Where your argument falls down is claiming that it’s a minority in their support that lets them down because a listen to their songbook tells you that, at every single game they play bar none is a hate fest for our support. Then when you try to have a sensible discussion with them online as soon as you get the better of them with reasoned argument they resort to child sexual abuse as a response. We all know that this abuse went on at a lot of clubs including their own which they conveniently gloss over and they’ve no regard whatsoever for the victims who will rightly get their day in court and recompense for the real suffering they went through. Their support use that horrendous suffering of the victims to point score and that’s the mentality we’re dealing with here, by the way the one’s who shout the loudest are the one’s who’s hard drives I’d be checking first. This though is a debate for a different time and place but it’s a clear picture into the depraved minds of “the peepul” and it’s pertinent to how they should be viewed as human beings. The fact is they’re not right in the head, normal people don’t think like them they’re the scum of the earth. I know there are some decent TRIFC supporters but the sad fact is they’re in the minority in my experience. So in short you can wish them well in the final that’s fine that’s between you and your conscience mate but I can’t and won’t wish them to win. It’s not even that I hate them because hate is a strong emotion and I don’t hate anyone as it ends up making you ill and as bitter as them, I feel sorry for them that they manifest pure evil for anything or anyone that isn’t them, their views are Orwellian and you’d possibly say dystopian written by a sci-fi author but they exist which is a really disturbing truth that makes me sad that people like that exist in the world.

4 Likes

Hey Torky, your opinion is important, as is mine, and I’m not naive enough to think that the hatred between the two clubs is going to end anytime soon, or ever for that matter.
I don’t know if you live in the Glasgow bubble or not. And see or hear things that I’m not privy to.
On reflection, I maybe should have kept my opinion to myself, as It’s proving to be an awful lot more controversial than I thought it would be.
As a couple of posts on this forum were full of bile aimed at me, being testament to that, thankfully they have been taken down.
I love Celtic FC and only wish that it was Celtic in that position and not Rangers.
Rangers upped their game in Europe and that’s exactly what we need to do, and to be honest, now we have Ange at the helm I can see that happening.
:four_leaf_clover: :green_heart: :ireland: :australia:

4 Likes

I’m not having a go at you Martin you’re entitled to your opinion as well mate, I just couldn’t wish them well in any regard maybe that makes you a better man than me. I’ve seen the one’s having a go at you and they’re the morons in our support. I’m from Coatbridge and I’ve seen plenty from the Ibrox support over the years to open my eyes, I’ve watched them trash George Square twice last season and walk through the city this season singing the “Famine Song” all ably facilitated by Police Scotland who’s argument was better that than a riot instead of doing their jobs. I wish you all the best mate and God bless you and your family.

3 Likes

Thanks Torky, I really appreciate that, you’re a good man.
And god bless you and your family also. :grinning:

2 Likes

The Huns away shirt has been leaked, Jesus Mary and Joseph :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’m pretty sure Frankfurt will stuff the Rangers next week.

1 Like

What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Ooh ma eyes 🫣

1 Like

To be honest Dom I really couldn’t care less any more.

1 Like

Here’s my deal, having fought for half a century.

More my first pal was Gordon Ritchie, my first real game was his Dad taking us to the John Grieg testimonial. Even now I can describe it. I had clueless but he was my bestie… right. He had a maroon blazer, mine was black. I’d no clue, I remember crying myself to sleep. My Dad (rip) said " that’s the way it is" then dedicated himself to being us educated and beyond.
I’ve followed that philosophy. My Son lives and works in Europe, my eldest daughter is a serious player in legal circles in London, my wee one is about to move to Oz.
All of them are absolutely grounded in Celtic, it’s foundations, values and inheritance. That’s my Celtic FC, warts and all and I make no apologies.

Hail Hail

2 Likes

Coward! So much for your love of free speech.

This discussion has run its course, GROW UP, give It a rest, mate.
YOUR LIKE A DOG WITH A BONE. :bone:

I appreciate your opinion, but when It’s punctuated with bad language and bile, that crosses the line.
You speak, or I should say post language like that towards me again, I will flag it again, until you learn some manners.

1 Like

They could very well end up having more money coming their way than us. If they win during the week they get money,if they then qualify for the group stages of the CL they get money. We get nowt for winning the league.

:joy::joy::joy:we’ve been saying something similar for weeks. Btw Frankfurt are a fair bit below Leipzig in the league.

Ah,that explains a lot….you no longer live in the middle of it all.

Well Floyd, that was actually flagged but not by me.
So there are other people on here who don’t like your tone or your language.

1 Like

OK, that might be true, but we are earning an awful lot more than last season.

We earn a huge amount of money by just being in the group stage of the UCL
That’s a good thing, right.
And if we win a few games, that amount increases exponentially.
:four_leaf_clover: :green_heart: :trophy:

Aye but they unlike us have invested a huge amount writing off Debt in the past 3 Seasons.
I doubt those Investor’s are going to write that money off somehow.

2018-19 4 Tranches Totalling £ 8,981,593.02
2019-20 5 Tranches Totalling £16,343,575.10
2020-21 11 Tranches Totalling £43,783,892.63

Unfortunately those teams are probably the “ wee teams” of Celtic/Rangers supporters. In days gone by we had more than our fair share of idiots that’s for sure.