What I'm going to say might be controversial to many celtic fans

You know they’ll find a way.

So will they if they get to those group stages

We get into the CL group stages twice for winning the league estimated to be worth between £35m-£40m. Cheer up! Anyway, Frankfurt will stuff Rangers so don’t worry about it!

1 Like

Frankfurt have bern resting players in the Bundesliga for months due to the fact they realized they weren’t going to get a top four position & their only chance to get CL revenue was to win the EL, their pedigree in the EL is quite impressive, they’ve made it to the knockout phase the last 3 or 4 seasons I think (I could be wrong, too lazy to look it up right now but they travel well in the EL, their current position in the Bundesliga is well below where they’d normally be). Frankfurt are winning this, the closed door champs will choke

I think you get £1.1mil per group stage win in the CL, the money is ridiculous compared to the EL where I think you get a similar amount for winning your group

Has anyone bothered to find out who it is and where that money is coming from?
That’s serious amount of dough to be chucking into Scottish Football.
(Without being paranoid about it) It’s almost as if the media have been briefed to ignore it.
A bit like Chequebook Murray back in the day no questions asked all powderpuff pieces and good news.

Right everyone, cheer up a bit! We are getting loads of money from winning the league to continue Ange’s great rebuild. Just think what our brilliant manager can do with a few more Bob in his pocket! He already knows who he wants to bring in and who else will be leaving and he is motivated by wanting to put on a show in Europe. Relax and enjoy the entertainment Bhoys!

3 Likes

Dom, I couldn’t agree more, let’s just enjoy the moment, what comes next, comes next.
In Ange, we trust, love the guy.
He’s already being spoken about as being the next Jock Stein, a bit premature for that sort of talk, but let’s see where he takes us on this magical mystery tour.
:four_leaf_clover: :ireland: :australia:

Spot on MBM! Ange is my kind of manager too as he seems to have all bases covered before us fans even have time to think of a problem! In Ange we absolutely trust. There are fantastic times ahead for all of us under his stewardship…Hail Hail and keep the faith Bhoys.

1 Like

It’s coming from UCL group stage qualification. You say it’s a huge amount to be chucking in Scottish football but actually, if you think about it, Ange needs to strengthen the team for two reasons:

1. To have a good go in the Champions League and inevitably the Europa League competitions. We are not yet at Europa League standard.

2. To challenge Rangers for the domestic trophies.

Both to increase revenue streams for the club to continue the strengthening of our squad under Ange.

Go for it Celtic!

1 Like

I was referring to the money the Ayebrokes Investor’s have chucked in since the arrival of Gerrard.
£74,878,600.46p In 21 separate Tranches.

They haven’t qualified for anything yet.
As for us not being Europa League level?
With a newly built and still bedding in squad we managed to accumulate more points in our Group than the current finalists (who have pumped an extra £43.78m in last Season alone) did in theirs.
We are a better side now we have a settled side.

They haven’t qualified for anything yet and I sense there is huge pressure on GVB and the players to win on Wednesday otherwise the financial consequences might result in player sales. That pressure will hopefully work in Frankfurt’s favour!

As for us, we will only know how good we are in the Europa next season but I would like to think we will be right up there, especially when a few more quality players have arrived and the final part of Ange’s rebuild has been completed.

2 Likes

So, in other words, Dom, you reckon we’ll get nowhere in the UCL?
And our level is the Europa League?

I’m really hoping we surprise the hell out of opponents in the UCL - wouldn’t that be fantastic! However, as we all know, the gap between the wealthiest clubs in the competition and ourselves has grown even wider since the days when we beat Barca and Milan etc…So, realistically, I think our level will be Europa but I’d love to be proved wrong!

2 Likes

Good answer., ⁣Dom, my sentiment’s exactly. :clap:

1 Like